laptop keyboard not working

lolli_pop

Baseband Member
hi,

the other day my laptop power light would switch on but turn off within a second. today i managed to get the laptop to stay on but with nothing coming on the screen. in the last couple of hours i've managed to get it up and running fine with the exception of the keyboard. none of the keys are sticking but random keys appear to work for a moment then stop again - generally keys which are close together, e.g. q, 1, e and a. the little light on one of the keys which lets you know wifi is on never comes on noweven though the internet is ok.

i've tried removing the battery and charger momentarily,and just in case it was water damaged i put the hairdryer over it.

having no luck and on-screen keyboard is driving me crazy! what can i do?

You may need to replace the keyboard. It sounds like it was damaged at some point. Water damage is not caused only when the hardware is still wet, but can be lasting damage from a spill that cannot be fixed without replacement.
When did this problem occur? Was it after a spill?

yes i think so but it baffles me that some keys occasionally work... but you still think the best option is to replace the keyboard?

Back
Top Bottom