Final Build!

Just keep in mind the motherboard you picked out in the cheaper build isn't capable of 8x 8x sli if you ever intended on going SLI down the road. I would get a cheap z77 just to be safe, the option is always nice.

As for the ram like PP Mguire said either is great, just choose the color of your liking.

I know this is a bit more expensive but might be worth it 2-3 years down the road

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130647

Correct me if I'm wrong but H77 doens't allow SLI at all correct? Thought it was just 8x 4x but after some reading, seeing that it doesn't allow SLI period. So if you don't play to overclock your CPU ever or ever go SLI, you're fine. If you wan't either of those get a Z77.

Last edited:
With the amount of extra money you have to invest for a dual card setup I try to ward everybody away from that. It just isn't worth it unless you can score super deals. on all the extra parts.

Yeah, i'm not planning to ever SLI :p

Now, anywhere you know of where I can check to make 100% sure these parts are compatible? I'm pretty positive they are, but checking and rechecking never hurts.

Yeah, i'm not planning to ever SLI :p

Now, anywhere you know of where I can check to make 100% sure these parts are compatible? I'm pretty positive they are, but checking and rechecking never hurts.

The only thing that I would make 100% sure and I will try checking for you is that the motherboard supports ivy bridge without a bios update, had a buddy who had that problem and couldn't update it without a sandy bridge.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/cpu.asp?Model=H77M

It looks like you're good to go.

In the case specs I can't find anywhere that tells what exactly all the fan sizes are for each place but I'd check that out in a review video on youtube or some place and Front, Rear, Top will be plenty, if you're thinking of using side fans I'd highly suggest otherwise, creates a ton more noise and will not help much nor will you need it. the gpu exhausts out the rear and the top and front will be plenty of airflow.

Alright 3rd time editing this, after watching the video I'd just not buy the 140mm and put 2 of the 120's in the front and 2 in the top and skip the sides. Just my opinion. Looks like you were planning to do 2 top 2 side and 140 front?

Just from past experience with a case 3 feet to my side the side fans just make much more noise, I'd even suggest 1 140 front then just buy a 2 pack of 120's for the top.

I made a little mod to cover up my side ventilation wholes to create a better uhm, airflow tunnel I guess? Just have the front intakes and rear and top , shoudl in theory create air flow from the front bottum then pull it up and out the top and back.

Last edited:
Very cool. Thanks alot for the help man, I really appreciate it. I'm sure PP is definetly tired of me changing my build idea 4x a week by now :D :D

But, yeah, I think I'll be going with this set up. With the fans, I was thinking going 2 on the top, 1 on the side, 1 on the bottom and then the 140 in the front. This way I'd be getting air flow in pretty much every direction. And I figured (dont ask why) that the fan on the bottom may help prevent dust build up in the PSU. The 4 fan package would actually be cheaper than buying 2 seperate 120mm fans or corsair twin pack.

Also, keep in mind I will not be adding any after market CPU coolers, heatsinks or liquid cooling etc, So these fans are pretty much going to be my only cooling system with the exception of the stock heatsinks ofc.

Back
Top Bottom