Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

gemiller

In Runtime
My processor is a 1.7ghz processor on a motherboard that can take up to 2ghz, is it safe to attempt to overclock it to that speed. As well as, how do I go about overclocking it?

Thanks,
Greg

Is it safe? Probably not. The higher you overclock the hotter the proccessor is gonna run. I wouldnt even mess with it unless you have a nice, expensive aftermarket heatsink and fan combo.

If you do, just go up a little at a time, until the computer gets unstable.

and plus the case automatically goes into turbo cooling mode if it gets too hot. and i have 3 fans going to go into it right away plus that chip set cooler, etc.

It depends on your Proccessor heat sink and fan, not your chipset or video cooling. Like I said, just dont bump it to 2.0 right away, move it up a notch at a time, and check the temps for a day of use, then move it up again if its stable.

ecniv is correct,..i'd also suggest that you check your mobo(bios),.if it would enable/allow you to over clock properly

Ok well I will wait until I get my new case, because it has a built in temp gauge. And I will put the gauge right overtop of the processor, and then I will go up to 2 a step at a time.

you go to bios and go to frequency settings,..it should be in there,..however, i'm not entirely sure ...this may differ from board to board. the best way is to read the mobo manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom