Understanding HDD and its being external....???

Status
Not open for further replies.

yexusbeliever

Baseband Member
I really do not know of much about HDD being external and internal. I guess the main question I am asking is that "is it possible for me to buy an internal hard drive, then get an external case to put it over???" Is that how external HDD get to be external? Or is it that external HDD are specially made to be external only???

you can take a internal hard drive and put a external cover on it
and you can get a normal external hard drive

if your really desperate you can get a external hard drive and run the cord back through the case and just let the drive sit on the bottom of your case..

and maybe put some bolts in or something to hold it down..
now you have made me want to do it :O .. Be Back SOon!!

Chev, I think I am just do that if I get desperate. ANd I do like to have a handy portable external HD. Thank you both for your advice.

yes you can get your internal drive in an external case, of which can be standard hookup or now you can go with usb 2.0.
you can also get a hd that is already mounted in an external case that is usb driven, which is what a lot of laptop users are doing.. i recomend if your thinking of getting an external, go with one you can put a hard drive in so you can swap the hd for a cd or dvd later or even different hdds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom