Compatible check

True but so is the 7950 lol. You can easily get 7970 performance and above on a stock cooler if tweaked high enough. Still to somebody who doesn't stare at numbers like us the better 7950 is still the same price as the 660ti and inexperienced people don't consider terrible drivers an issue.

True but so is the 7950 lol. You can easily get 7970 performance and above on a stock cooler if tweaked high enough. Still to somebody who doesn't stare at numbers like us the better 7950 is still the same price as the 660ti and inexperienced people don't consider terrible drivers an issue.

Yeah I was referring more to the SLI Oc'ing :p I know the 7950 is a better card 1v1 :) Anyways, I just hope he gets an SSD and doesn't go crossfire instead of SLI :p and hope he goes EVGA just because that warranty is godlike.

The company is pretty godlike. Solid boards, solid RMA department. Almost every single board they release is reference so you have a plethora of options for aftermarket cooling. The #1 reason I get them.

The company is pretty godlike. Solid boards, solid RMA department. Almost every single board they release is reference so you have a plethora of options for aftermarket cooling. The #1 reason I get them.

Agreed, went from a 7950gt 9800gtx+ gtx260 all evga, none broke all still working :p and my mobo is evga even if they don't make them anymore, well if they ever did, don't they just brand it lol? Anyways that still runs like a champ too. Not a fanboy of any sort just figure why switch what's been doing you good for 6 years.

Benchmark Results: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim : GeForce GTX 660 Ti Review: Nvidia's Trickle-Down Keplernomics
AnandTech - The GeForce GTX 660 Ti Review, Feat. EVGA, Zotac, and Gigabyte
ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti Direct CU II 2 GB Review | techPowerUp
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC review - DX11: Crysis 2 - High Res Textures

In pretty much every review the 7950 is better than the 660ti besides Nvidia specific games. When you add 12.11 drivers, it bests it in most of those Nvidia specific games too.

AMD Catalyst 12.11 Performance Analysis Review | techPowerUp

I love the 660ti, great little card, but in terms of raw performance the 7950 takes the cake. We can then add on when you OC the cards. The 7950 is going to win. The only thing it doesn't win at is simply terrible driver support regardless of 12.11 beta. In this case though this guy is getting a 7950 for 289. The only 660ti really comparable to that is this one:
Newegg.com - Galaxy 66NPH7DV6XXZ GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

I have a Galaxy card, I would not buy one. The price only makes it worth it over the superior card.

Next issue:
200 dollar budget

23" screen (Thinking about 140)
wireless mouse (thinking 20 maybe logitech)
mouse pad(thinking 20)
wireless adapter (20)

Newegg and amazon only please...

Even if you have to you can move mouse pad to like 10 and get a 30 dollar wireless mouse...or any combo....

Back
Top Bottom