Final Build!

Much better case.

But, he has the option later on since he is getting a board that supports it. Can just benefit from higher stock clocks now and grab a better heatsink down the road. Now, getting a 3570k with an H77 board....that's just stupid.

I have never seen a game use more than 2.2GB of system RAM total.

Yeah getting unlocked processors is always best in my opinion even if you're not overclocking at the start. I just hate building computers for friends who 3-4 years down the road still don't want to overclock it when they told me they wanted the unlocked processor in the first place lol.

The RAM sticks I picked out are on sale for $60. I'd only be saving something like $10 - $15 (if that) by going 2x4 ddr3 1600..

There are a bunch of DDR3 1600 Kits for 40 dollars. So you would save around 25 dollars. It's a nice sale but do you need it? Unless you're doing some form of editing I don't think you will. Save 25 dollars for something else maybe or put it towards your case.

Here is a link to some ram for 40 dollars. Click

Ram has been only getting cheaper anyways so, down the road if you find out you need that extra memory it probably won't be costly.

Last edited:
2x4 ddr3 cas 11 1600 VS 2x8 ddr3 cas 10 1866.. difference $30?

idk man :p

Btw.. That Z75 pro 3 does have usb 3.0! I'm assuming the Z77 board suggestion is a joke? :D

I'd still get the 8GB kit spend the 30 dollars on a Z77 board, better overclocking, better parts and better SLI, if you ever planned to do SLI with that board it would be 8x 4x instead of 8x 8x and no srt on z75 if u ever wanted to use it. The whole theory of more ram is better is really only applicable if you're using all of your ram in the first place. Like stated before unless you're doing some serious editing, it's just not worth it.

Difference, not worth 30 dollars. You wont use over 8GB of that unless you are doing VMs or heavy render work and there is no real speed difference between 1600 and 1866. Only visible in memory benchmarks.

Actually, I didn't see any 3.0 headers (not the ports on the back) on the Z75 board but Newegg claims there is a header. Still, a Pro3 Z77 is only 10 bucks more here. Try to remember, your prices will be different than ours. I don't think any of the sites you have on pricematch besides Amazon will ship to your country. Something to think about and I believe I mentioned that before. So regardless, when you actually go to order you will probably wind up knocking a few things down due to price difference as I'm almost 100% certain it will cost you more than the quoted price to order from a retailer that can ship to Finland.

Difference, not worth 30 dollars. You wont use over 8GB of that unless you are doing VMs or heavy render work and there is no real speed difference between 1600 and 1866. Only visible in memory benchmarks.

Actually, I didn't see any 3.0 headers (not the ports on the back) on the Z75 board but Newegg claims there is a header. Still, a Pro3 Z77 is only 10 bucks more here. Try to remember, your prices will be different than ours. I don't think any of the sites you have on pricematch besides Amazon will ship to your country. Something to think about and I believe I mentioned that before. So regardless, when you actually go to order you will probably wind up knocking a few things down due to price difference as I'm almost 100% certain it will cost you more than the quoted price to order from a retailer that can ship to Finland.

IIRC Right side of board next to DIMM slots, 3rd pic.

Oh, wow.. Did not realise the Z77 was only $10 more..
Thanks for pointing that out. Think thatd be a better choice?

Just to clarify, I am living in the states at the moment. Sorry for the confusion there :silly:

There is a small chance I will be building and working on different things that could be extremly memory hungry, however not enough to spend a signifigant amount more.. but it seems like the 16gb for the price is worth getting over the 8 at the moment..
If it was something like 80+ I wouldent even consider it

Last edited:
Yea I see it there now. Usually it is on the bottom, but it doesn't matter. Look at the pics for the case. The front USB3 port hooks up via a cable that goes to the back.

Back
Top Bottom