Replacing Graphics Card Help

So I think I've basically narrowed it down to this one:

Gigabyte GF GTX 650Ti OC EDITION PCI-E 3.0 1GB 128-bit DDR5, 1032/5400MHz, 2 x DVI, 1 x HDMI, 1

I haven't been able to locate an EVGA version of the card for anything below about $200 in Aus, whereas this one is priced at $165, and (I think) is pretty competitive with EVGA's own prices for a similarly overclocked card (minus the free copy of Assassin's Creed 3 and the 3 year warranty, but we can't have everything).

Can I have some feedback on this from all you awesome techsavvy people?

Wouldn't a 560ti be more justifiable? Can find some for around $180 now. It would at least be 256bit + and have 20-25% performance gains.

Wouldn't a 560ti be more justifiable? Can find some for around $180 now. It would at least be 256bit + and have 20-25% performance gains.
Look at his pricing due to his area. An eVGA 650ti itself is 200, and the other brands are about 15-20 bucks higher than our pricing. A 560ti there will probably be well over 200 still.

Look at his pricing due to his area. An eVGA 650ti itself is 200, and the other brands are about 15-20 bucks higher than our pricing. A 560ti there will probably be well over 200 still.

My bad, just figured for 20-30 dollars more around here it would be a much better bang for his buck. Didn't think location and pricing would be so different.

Yep, I just had a quick scan and the cheapest 660ti I found was like $335 (at my wholesale computer parts place no less, so everthing else will probably be like $30-50 MORE expensive).

Australia, why you no have reasonably priced video cards :(.

Anyway, I've ordered the 650 ti, should be ready to pick up today. I may need some further help installing it though. Thanks everybody for your help so far, especially you PP.

So I'm having issues installing the drivers.

I've tried extremely hard to remove the old AMD drivers, using multiple programs including driver sweeper, but there are two files that I simply can't get rid of (driver sweeper unticks them when I tell it to remove them, and the AMD catalyst control centre ****s up every time I tell it to express uninstall).

Every time I try and install the Nvidia drivers, whether from the CD or from ones I've dled from the net, it simply keeps telling me "installation failed" after a while.

Help please.

EDIT: Now it's telling me "Setup cannot find the file 'nvcompiler.dll'"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom