Final Build!

Suomalainen

Baseband Member
Seems pretty well rounded. Have you checked if Newegg ships to Finland?
Also, I would recommend a larger, higher quality case. Just about anything by Cooler Master, Antec, Silverstone, Corsair, NZXT, and Lian-Li are pretty good. I'm sure I'm forgetting some but those are the main ones off of the top of my head.
A case similar to this one would be more ideal
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233&Tpk=haf 912
You would have more space, better cable management, stronger metal, and less sharp edges.

Build looks good besides the case. I would look for another case under 50 dollars if that's the issue. Find one with 2-3 fans. The one you have on the list only comes with one 120mm fan.

Click

This one has great reviews and lots of buys. 2 120mm and 1 140mm fans.

I'd also suggest an aftermarket heat sink for your CPU if you plan to overclock at all.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the replies guys!
Looking into those cases, I dont think either supports USB 3.0 :p

Probably not very important, but It's nice to have I guess. The case I picked out has 3.0 and supports multiple fans. I know the metal is quite light weight, but the reviews are showing it is great for keeping everything inside cool and allows nice cable mangagment.
I also have 4 fans in the shopping cart.

Here is one case that I was considering. It's obviously a little bit bigger and better quality, but not so sure if I actually need it. I'm not going to be doing any crazy OCing or adding liquid cooling, idk if this would benefit me much more for what I have..
Newegg.com - Antec Eleven Hundred Black Super Mid Tower Computer Case

Hey, thanks for the replies guys!
Looking into those cases, I dont think either supports USB 3.0 :p

Probably not very important, but It's nice to have I guess. The case I picked out has 3.0 and supports multiple fans. I know the metal is quite light weight, but the reviews are showing it is great for keeping everything inside cool and allows nice cable mangagment.
I also have 4 fans in the shopping cart.

Here is one case that I was considering. It's obviously a little bit bigger and better quality, but not so sure if I actually need it. I'm not going to be doing any crazy OCing or adding liquid cooling, idk if this would benefit me much more for what I have..
Newegg.com - Antec Eleven Hundred Black Super Mid Tower Computer Case

My bad didn't see you were ordering more fans. There are plenty of case options if you are willing to spend 100 dollars. Just seen you had one picked out for 20 so figured you were going cheap on it. Corsair 400R and 500R are good picks alongside the one you just picked out. If you're not going to overclock at all then don't bother with a aftermarket cooler, but then again if you don't plan to overclock at all the 3570K might be a waste. Leaves the option open for down the road, but know so many people who buy unlocked processors and never overclock them. Just don't see the point. Back on topic, I'd just buy a halfway decent case with USB3 and decent reviews on airflow.

Ditch the 16GB of RAM for 8GB and for sure grab a better case.

The Athena case picked out doesn't have front 3.0 ports, but you really don't need them anyways. There are hardly any 3.0 devices and the board comes with 2 ports in the back. Not to mention, that board doesn't have a front USB3 header anyways.

As for the CPU Bregadon, the 3570k has the highest clock out of the i5s and higher turbo. At 3.8 you don't really need to overclock at all.

Last edited:
Ditch the 16GB of RAM for 8GB and for sure grab a better case.

The Athena case picked out doesn't have front 3.0 ports, but you really don't need them anyways. There are hardly any 3.0 devices and the board comes with 2 ports in the back. Not to mention, that board doesn't have a front USB3 header anyways.

As for the CPU Bregadon, the 3570k has the highest clock out of the i5s and higher turbo. At 3.8 you don't really need to overclock at all.

I know just figured if he was on a tight budget he could get something like a 3330 and save 50 bucks or so since he doesn't plan to overclock.

Agree with lowering the RAM 16GB is near pointless for gaming alone. I've never even maxed out my 5GB playing games.

The RAM sticks I picked out are on sale for $60. I'd only be saving something like $10 - $15 (if that) by going 2x4 ddr3 1600..

Hah! I see why you guys are telling me to get a better case.. I posted the wrong one! :D

Heres the one I had my eye on lol

Newegg.com - COUGAR Solution Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with 12cm COUGAR TURBINE HYPER-SPIN Bearing Silent Fan and USB 3.0
Much better case.

I know just figured if he was on a tight budget he could get something like a 3330 and save 50 bucks or so since he doesn't plan to overclock.

Agree with lowering the RAM 16GB is near pointless for gaming alone. I've never even maxed out my 5GB playing games.
But, he has the option later on since he is getting a board that supports it. Can just benefit from higher stock clocks now and grab a better heatsink down the road. Now, getting a 3570k with an H77 board....that's just stupid.

I have never seen a game use more than 2.2GB of system RAM total.

Back
Top Bottom