Motherboard Driver Question

Bregadon

In Runtime
Was wondering if motherboard drivers are necessary.

Drivers | GeForce

I don't use raid and the drivers install something that I always have to manually remove otherwise it causes issues. Just installed a fresh windows and curious if it is necessary or not.

Sometimes with windows 7 you can get away with the windows drivers but you will may lose some performance or functionality and some things may not work. You may be able to select custom when installing the driver pack and just don't install the ones you don't want. Or install the whole driver pack and go through Programs & Features and select the ones you don't want and uninstall them that way.

I find ,most programs that come with motherboards suck. I always try them at first but always end up taking them off.

I find ,most programs that come with motherboards suck. I always try them at first but always end up taking them off.

Yeah, all I have ever seen with the network access manager is bad news. I don't even know what else the motherboard drivers install aside from the raid function which I don't use anyway. The only options to untick are nvdia storage and ethernet drivers then later it asks about the network access manager, the board works perfectly without the drivers in the first place but who knows. It actually has a north bridge unlike boards today so maybe they make some difference. Or whichever one it is. The one the CPU takes care of nowadays :p

Back
Top Bottom