New Headset.

Mischa

Just Epic.
Just wondering what you guys think about my choice. My Astro A30 mic is starting to break after a 1 and a half - 2 years, rather than replacing the boom mic, I decided it was about time to get some new headphones (want some over ear ones).

I decided I would go with a pair of normal headphones as apposed to 'gaming' headphones and just buy a separate mic.

Thinking about this combo, any input?

Headset: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=317828027&pf_rd_i=468294

Mic: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=317828027&pf_rd_i=468294

:)

Edit: If it wasn't obvious this is primarily for gaming, although I will be listening to music.

If I had to rebuy my headset I definitely would have done what you're doing... These ones with integrated mics just don't have the same sound quality.

If I had to rebuy my headset I definitely would have done what you're doing... These ones with integrated mics just don't have the same sound quality.

The mic on my Astros isn't actually too bad, A lot clearer than my old Turtle Beachs and my friends headsets. But I agree that a separate mic would be a lot clearer (especially if you spend more money than the £10 I'm spending :))

Edit: I'm just hoping that this clip on mic isn't too bad, at least if it turns out bad it is very cheap. Seen some pretty decent reviews so...... fingers crossed.

Good headphones, cheap mic. I suppose whatever works.

Got a better mic recommendation, I can go a bit higher? I'm just hoping the mic will be alright.

In case anyone was wondering I'm pairing this with my Astro Mixamp, so I won't be using onboard audio :)

The only thing I worry about with a clip on mic is it rubbing on your shirt and being annoying for anyone that's listening. The headphones are a great choice though. Also whether or not sound canceling matters to you these are not. I personally love sound canceling.

The only thing I worry about with a clip on mic is it rubbing on your shirt and being annoying for anyone that's listening. The headphones are a great choice though. Also whether or not sound canceling matters to you these are not. I personally love sound canceling.

Nah, im not too bothered about sound cancelling as they will be primarily for gaming in my room. I did think about the mic rubbing, I'm really just hoping it won't be a big deal. Couldn't really find much else (don't really want to spend too much).

Nah, im not too bothered about sound cancelling as they will be primarily for gaming in my room. I did think about the mic rubbing, I'm really just hoping it won't be a big deal. Couldn't really find much else (don't really want to spend too much).

You could buy a medium prices Logitech webcam and use that as your mic. The mic's aren't bad and at least you get a two for one.

Back
Top Bottom