xbox and pc hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
my xbox worshipping friend believs that there is better hardware in the XBOx than pc's. He has never heard of the 6800 ultra, and if he had, he probly think the Ti4600 is better. The xbox runs games so well because of the software that runs on it. Is that true?
Wayne

X-Box's have nothing on modern PC's, tell him he is stupid :p .

Point him this way and I will show him that he is wrong. I know that X-Box's use nVIDIA, but I think it's an FX series so it isnt that great. The only reason the games run well is becuase they are optimized for the X-Box and the X-Box only, not for anything else or other hardware.

that's true, the xbox graphics and hardware is optimized for their games only. It's also that the games have really low resolution which the TV stretches and if you up close you can see the lines. That is the only way they can run pretty fast without lagging too much and running big games like HALO 2. The cpu of the xbox sounds it would be about 133 mhz which is nothing compared to modern days computersm :)

"Tombot- The usless creation..."

XBOX graphics are nothing special. I just played "Tenchu: wrath of Haven" for PS2, and "Tenchu: Return from Darkness." for Xbox. Now, you'd expect Xbox's graphics to be better than (or atleast equal to) the PS2's, right? Well the Xbox's version (Whitch is much newer than the PS2's) looks SOO-MUCH-WORS than the PS2's, that you'd think it was a Dreamcast or something! All that talk about how good Xbox is with graphics is nothing but a bunch of hype. Just like PS2's was when they were introduced. PC's (as much as i'd hate to admit it) will always be superior to consoles, simply because there are allways upgrades and newer hardware for PCs, than there would ever be for a Console. :( :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom