Is my laptop gradually dying?

kfox92

Beta member
Hi, sorry if my question is very vague - I'm not great with computers, so this question might not even belong here.

Basically, it's started with my CD drive not recognising discs especially DVDs and just makes a horrible noise and fails - but the discs work fine in my DVD player.
Now, my USB ports have started to become dodgy, I have to reconnect things several times and sometimes it doesn't work at all (both of them!)

The latest issue is my laptop charger which keeps connecting and reconnecting. I think it's a loose connection or something.

My main question is, is that all of these things are on the right handside of my laptop, so could it be that this side of my laptop needs repairing? What could it be?

I have a Toshiba Satellite
Thank you

Can I ask how old is your laptop? My old laptop showed similar symptoms after 3 heavy years of use before I replaced it.

Basically, it's started with my CD drive not recognising discs especially DVDs and just makes a horrible noise and fails - but the discs work fine in my DVD player.

I really don't understand this statement.
Do you have two drives. As far as the usb that doesn't sound to good. And the power connecting and disconnecting sounds like the jack in the computer is coming loose from the motherboard. Ive had to fix many laptops with this and is real common. But is your computer is getting old I would just sell it and get another.

I really don't understand this statement.
Do you have two drives. As far as the usb that doesn't sound to good. And the power connecting and disconnecting sounds like the jack in the computer is coming loose from the motherboard. Ive had to fix many laptops with this and is real common. But is your computer is getting old I would just sell it and get another.

It means that a disk that doesn't works in the lptop, works in every other drive he has.

Mobo may be fried.

Agreed - especially since it seems to be many different parts of the laptop failing. It may not be completely fried yet, but I'd bet it's on its way to mobo heaven :(

Have you had any issues when actually using the laptop (i.e. going on the internet, using programs/games, etc.)?

Back
Top Bottom