Sony Vegas video editing under 700

walkpdp

Solid State Member
Hello, i'm looking to purchase a new desktop computer. I have never built my own computer. My budget is $700. I need to be able to edit 1080p gopro footage in sony vegas pro 12 as smoothly as possible. Video editing is only a hobby, however i do it fairly regularly. I know with this budget I will not be able to get much, but I am trying to find the best possible option. Editing will be fairly basic for the most part with a few multi layered areas, color correction, and Twixtor for extreme slow motion. I do not need to edit in full hd, i'm willing to turn down the resolution while editing. The main thing i need is to be able to scroll through footage and edit precisely without lag. Currently, in order to playback footage i must do a dynamic RAM preview, which takes a very long time and is very short with my 2gb of ram. I have an HD dynex television to use for a monitor. I greatly appreciate any help !

Last edited:
Yes it is everything you need. Buy, build, fire it up, install Windows, edit your heart away. The only thing I left out is the DVD drive because I'm assuming you have one with your current PC. If you do not you will need to buy one or put the Windows 7 ISO (rip the DVD you bought) on a flash drive which we can tell you how here. For that you will need a 4GB or larger flash drive though.

thank you very much. Again a dumb question but this is everything i need not only for editing but basic uses such as browsing the internet etc ? I just need keyboard, mouse, and speakers?

If you don't already have those 3 things you will need to get them too. Again I assumed you had those with a current PC. You can reuse them if you do. This PC will do pretty much anything you want besides game at high settings. That will need a video card.

With that motherboard it says it has dual VGA output. Input connectors on my Dynex monitor are HMDI and VGA. Do i need to purchase separate cables to connect to VGA?

This is my last question and I greatly appreciate you taking the time to answer even though they are probably basic questions to you. My dynex TV screen is 720p. I did some research and found that television screens can be of lesser quality than computer monitors. It has both HDMI and VGA inputs as i said before. But it is only 720p. Do you think this will be an issue? Would i be better off buying a monitor specifically for computer use? I will just be web browsing and video editing ( footage is mostly1080p, some 2.7k ). Thank you very much:D

Last edited:
720p means it has a resolution of 1280x720 which is pretty low, and if you are editing 1080p you will want a 1080p monitor. You can get a nice one for around 150 bucks most of the time. Also, 720p on TV for a computer is terrible because everything is huge, and you have such a small image stretched so it makes things fuzzy most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom