Intel CPU build

ChildofOdin

Solid State Member
Hi all, I'm posting this in hopes of receiving some opinions or recommendations of other computer components that will work well with my motherboard and CPU. I'm somewhat of a noob when it comes to complete builds so any feedback is appreciated.

Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz LGA 2011 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
Intel Desktop Board DX79SR Extreme Series

If more info is needed please let me know and I would gladly provide it. Thanks!

Few questions, what is the intended purpose of this PC, and do you already own those two?

If you don't own them, I would say do not get X79, and for sure do not purchase an Intel board.

Few reasons here, the 3770k is faster than the 3820 in all areas meaning for the same price you can get a better chip and board. Next, Intel boards suck. Believe me when I say it, you don't want one (look at my sig). They barely get the job done.

Yes I already own both. I won the MoBo in a contest and bought the processor (unused) from a friend. My main intention for this PC is gaming along with some music recording and editing.

Are you high? Samsung's SSDs have been claimed as the most reliable even over Intel, especially the 830. It's the only reason I recommend them.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm picking up the RAM and the HHD because I was looking at the Barracuda anyways. Still not sure about buying an SSD right away unless there are significant reasons to do so. I will keep updating with future purchases.

Back
Top Bottom