Weird Clicking Noise

Alex619

Beta member
Yesterday i put my computer to sleep, next morning i tried opening my computer which was opened even though i put it to sleep but nothing was responding so i forced a shutdown. When i reopened my computer it made this weird clicking noise then asked me to boot up with a disc or something cant really remember the error, since i was in a panic. I bought this computer like 1-2 months ago, had a problem with the power supply cord and so i used my old computer's power supply, and that was pretty much the only thing that i had an issue with this computer so far.

It ask'd me to restore to an earlier version which i did, since i have nothing to important on this computer, and i managed to open windows. Now it does the clicking noise randomly but not too often. I read that it might be a hard disk failure but was wondering if it wasn't something else since this computer is brand new. I'm not to fancy with computers but here's the website i purchased the computer along with the computer itself Newegg.ca - CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme 1341 Desktop PC Intel Core i5 3570k(3.40GHz) 8GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB PCI-e Graphics Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

So far nothing really happens except the clicking sound which happens so often but i was worried if it were something else then the hard drive. PS: there's a bit of dust in my room maybe thats an issue? Welp.

Hi

First of all i am sure your computer is under warranty, as you said 1 or 2 months, just dont do anything, bring your unit from the center (store) and let them diagnose whats really the Prob. Let them be the first to troubleshoot.
Base on my experience, i think the ticking sound came from your Hard Disc.

I agree on the hard drive being the problem. Whenever my hard drives start to click i back them up.

Back
Top Bottom