Upgrading Video Card Help

No prob and I'm glad you like the card. I have a friend with a 650ti so I know exactly what kind of numbers it can put out. It's a really good card for the price.

Something I thought that was interesting was how even after I uninstalled all of the old video drivers, and when I still had my video card plugged in. When I would restart my computer, I could hear the video card in ultra loud mode even after the computer was finished starting up and was just sitting idle on the desktop. Why was this? I mean, the screen resolution was totally smaller, all the drivers still off yet for some reason the video card felt the need to go full power mode during this time.
I was actually starting to second guess myself if it really was the video card that was making the noise, but rather my noctua dh14 fan on my CPU making the loud noise all this time.
But in the end, it was definitely the video card making that sound. Why?

So I have been thinking about upgrading to 8 gig of ram. But I have heard about when upgrading ram that it is better to stick with the same type of ram rather than two different brands together due to compatibility reasons. Is this true? Should I just end up get 4 gigs more ( 2 x 2gig of g skill 1500 ddr3 ram), or should i buy 8 gigs or new ram, or should i buy 4 more gigs of completely different ram to add along side with my current ram?

Your 4GB set should still be plenty for regular gaming as of right now. If you do change your mind since RAM is dirt cheap make sure you get a 2 stick set for 8GB. 4 sticks on an AMD rig can potentially cause you a lot of stability hassle later on.

I only read the first two pages, but I was surprised that " GTX 650 Ti is better than the Radeon HD 7850 ". Are you sure about that?

The 650ti trades blows with the 1GB 7850 as the 2GB was out of his price range. Plus, when you add in superior driver support and how cool the 650ti runs it's a win.

Back
Top Bottom