Newegg... best time to buy?

Suomalainen

Baseband Member
I havent done much buisness with Newegg but my next rig is most likely going to come from there. Have you guys noticed when the best time of the year is to buy from there? They're offering alot of Christmas deals, but do you think the prices would drop even more after Christmas?

I'm not in any rush to start my new build, so I don't have much of a problem with waiting for the right time. I just don't know when that might be :D

Considering their Black Friday deals weren't that great I'm going to guess their after Christmas deals wont be so good either. I would just suck up the holiday deals while you can.

what pp said. i looked at all of their deals and didnt see anything that interested me...

there are better more relevant deals in their daily deals.

I have to agree too. I went over EACH of their email deal for the past 2 months, and I am less than impressed. The items they offer the great deals on are lower shelf products most of the time, and also many things OUTSIDE of the realm of computer hardware & software.

If you haven't already, I would recommend joining the NewEgg mailing list. Every month or maybe every OTHER month I get an email which has codes for %'s off certain items, like a code good for 20% off any desktop memory, or 20% off flash memory, or other things like hard drives, or motherboards.

ANOTHER idea would be to build your rig with a NewEgg wishlist. This is how I put together rigs for people I build, and it's nice to be able to just share that list with them. ANOTHER good thing about it, (well, kind of annoying for me, as I don't delete the wishlists after I purchase) is that I get emails ALL the time about "catch a deal on your current wishlist item". It's not annoying, just that I get a large volume of them, that I delete. I honestly never thought about doing this, just thought about it right now.

Their computer HW deals sucked this year but the rest of the stuff they peddle was crazy cheap. I picked up a new TV and soundbar for a ridiculous price.

I'm not having any luck finding decent promo codes.. Best I've found was $20 off for a $300+ purchase. Wtf, they don't have anything for purchases over $1,000?

I thought maybe i'd wait for the after christmas deals, but i looked into the ones for last year and.. USELESS!

Back
Top Bottom