Is the Radeon HD 7770 really that much faster than the GTX 650?

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi.

I recently purchased a lot of Radeon HD 7770's, GTX 650's, and a couple of GTX 550ti's.

Gosh, I thought all were somewhat in the same category, but then I looked at some of the benchmarks/ratings from PassMark Software - Video Card Benchmark Charts. Now I feel kinda shell shocked. It appears as if the Radeon HD 7770 is actually quite a bit better than the other two cards.

Am I reading these benchmarks accurately? If so, I suppose I should have gone with all HD7770's, and just ignored the deals on the other two.

Help me if you can.

Is the Radeon HD 7770 really that much faster? The GTX 650 looks like a total dog when compared to the HD 7770.

It's me,

Soar

gtx650 is slower than hd7750 which is slower than hd7770. hd7750 is about as fast as gtx550ti in some cases, and hd7770 has been at least a little faster since the start. the latest drivers from amd boost performance on these radeon hd7000 series cards(and their big brothers) even more.

Hi.

I recently purchased a lot of Radeon HD 7770's, GTX 650's, and a couple of GTX 550ti's.

Gosh, I thought all were somewhat in the same category, but then I looked at some of the benchmarks/ratings from PassMark Software - Video Card Benchmark Charts. Now I feel kinda shell shocked. It appears as if the Radeon HD 7770 is actually quite a bit better than the other two cards.

Am I reading these benchmarks accurately? If so, I suppose I should have gone with all HD7770's, and just ignored the deals on the other two.

Help me if you can.

Is the Radeon HD 7770 really that much faster? The GTX 650 looks like a total dog when compared to the HD 7770.

It's me,

Soar
One problem is, don't get GPU benchmark comparisons from PCMark. Second thing is, the GTX650 is just that slow. The 650ti is the card to get as it's performance is comparable to the GTX570.

Back
Top Bottom