Gamer and multitasking PC

Runesmacher

Solid State Member
Hi guys,

so i'm getting out of college and i'm tired of my laptop not running games anymore as it should be (have it with first gen i7).

So i decided that i want to build a good pc that i can later change and expand to be better and follow the changes at the moment.

I was thinking about the following setup:

• Intel® Coreâ„¢ i7-3770K
  • Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo
  • GIGABYTE GA-H77-D3H (rev. 1.0)
  • Corsair 16 GB DDR3-1600 Kit
  • EVGA Geforce GTX 670 FTW (02G-P4-2678-KR)
  • Crucial CT256M4SSD2
  • be quiet! System PowerS6 700W
  • CM Storm Trooper
  • LiteOn IHOS104-06

In addition to this, i have like 3x2TB HDD's laying arround that i now use a doc to connect to my laptop.

I have a 24'' screen (1920x1080) and a 21'' screen CRT (1600x1200) and some other small screen at the moment.

I want to be able to connect up to 4 24'' screens to do all my work on. (gaming will normaly be only on 1 monitor)

Will this setup work and be able to do what i want it to do (so 4screens , multitasking, running latest games)

If not what would i need to change? (i'm also a bit concearned about prices but i think price/performance this is the best with performance having top priority)

price now where i would buy it (belgium would be arround $2180 (1669,8 €) including VAT

Thanks in advance

Runesmacher

You got a K-series CPU, I assume you plan on overclocking.
H77 board does not allow overclocking. Get a Z77 board instead.

if your primary task is gaming, 3570K will be just as good as the 3770K.

otherwise everything looks good to go.

What exactly are you doing with it? Few things that are a problem now.
1 You have a CPU capable of overclocking and a chipset on the motherboard that isn't.
2 Gigabyte is terrible. Get an ASRock board instead.
3 No need to have aftermarket cooling on a CPU not being overclocked.
4 I would choose a different SSD. Preferably Samsung 830.
5 I like Be Quiet! but I have no experience with their CS. I recommend a Corsair over it anyways as I know their CS and I know their OEM is top notch.
6 Depending on what you are doing 16GB of RAM will most likely be overkill.

Thansk ofr the fast responses. based on your ideas i changed a few things

• Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo
  • EVGA Geforce GTX 670 FTW (02G-P4-2678-KR)
  • Intel® Coreâ„¢ i7-3770K
  • Corsair CX750
  • CM Storm Trooper
  • Samsung MZ-7PC256B/WW
  • LiteOn IHOS104-06
  • ASRock Z77 Extreme6
  • Corsair 16 GB DDR3-1600 Kit

Extra info: i do not directly plan to overclock but do want to be able to do that.
I also run multiple virtual machines at a time for testing purposses of software so i realy need 16GB :D

the i7-3570K is not being sold where i'm gonne buy it.

And lastly: Does the powersuply have enuogh connections and power to connect all my drives (so if i add like 2-3 more).

And again thenks in advance

I should have been more specific, you want a TX or HX as the OEM is Seasonic. 650w would be plenty, and yes it will have enough ports for you.

I should have been more specific, you want a TX or HX as the OEM is Seasonic. 650w would be plenty, and yes it will have enough ports for you.

not all TX and HX series have Seasonic as the OEM. I don't know all of the models on the top of my head, but I know for sure the HX850 have CWT as the OEM.

not all TX and HX series have Seasonic as the OEM. I don't know all of the models on the top of my head, but I know for sure the HX850 have CWT as the OEM.
I have an HX850 and it for sure is not CWT. The V2 850s are CWT. The V1 and V2 TX650 is Seasonic. The TX650-C was CWT, but you can't find anymore of those.

Why would i need a psu that is that model? what is the big difference?

models you suggest are almost 1.5x the price

For the reason me and the other guy were just discussing.

The OEM is different meaning the people who make the PSU before Corsair gets them are different. Seasonic make some of the best PSUs on the market and they make the current TX and HX series and even some of the AX. When dealing with high end PCs you don't want to skimp on PSU. You can typically get the TX650 for less than 100 and it is well worth the investment to know your PSU wont fail at any time.

Why would i need a psu that is that model? what is the big difference?

models you suggest are almost 1.5x the price

you get what you pay for.

to have quality parts you need to pay for them. i wouldnt want to buy anything but quality parts. it would be better to save money by buying quality parts that are less capable than to buy bad parts that say they are more capable.

do you pay for the cheapest items that you buy for use everyday? or when something matters do you pay a little more? would it be better to pay for a cheap fish to eat or pay 1.5x the price and get a fish that was caught today? it is like that.

Back
Top Bottom