Fixing friends comp.

ckop11

In Runtime
Trying to fix my friends comp. im kinda new to the trouble shooting. but i know my way around computers a little bit

He has

TX650w
gskilll ram 1333 4gb
wd blakc 500 gb
5770 card
790gx asus motherboard

I got it today. turned it on. nothing no picture. everything was running but no picture to the screen. i swapped out the gcard and put one of my old ones in. i got to a pre bios screen ( press 4 for acc press delete for setup ect.) it just sticks on that screen i cant click on anything. tried his keyboard my keyboard nothings working different usb ports

I turned it off ( held power button) then turned it on again and now no picture again ( with the new gpu in)

now im like shoot is that graphic card shot now too?

so grabed my other old graphics card(ati 700x) and i got a picture. but it was still stuck in that pre bios screen. couldnt click anything powerd it off again then on. and no picture again.

So anyone have any ideas or what i should do? im about to test those gpus that stopped on his comp on my working comp here in a few min

thanks

EDIT - graphics cards still work in my comp. and when you first put them into the comp im working on, still get stuck at the ASUS Gate thing tho. how can i get passed that?

Last edited:
Try resetting BIOS settings.

Power down computer, unplug from power. Press the power button a few times to clear any remaining power in the PSU. Remove the silver coin battery on the motherboard for about 30 seconds. Replace it, plug computer back in, and try to power it up.

Tried that. Idk whats up with it. No video signal going to the monitor. The grapics card worked in my machine b4 and after i tried it in my friends comp

So when you put the video card in and booted how far did it go before it froze? Di you get into the bios or did it just show for a few seconds? Does the Motherboard have on board video also.Do you have another power supply you can test with?

I get to the ASUS Gateway screen ( screen that shows for a few seconds, saying - press DELETE for setup etc..) but when i get to that screen it freezes and any imput i press does nothing.

Now i cant even get to that screen. with any video card.

I think its the MOBO

and no OB video. mb is a m4a79xtd

Have you tried to remove your button battery for a minute to reset the BIOS.

disable Asus gate in bios if you can access it.

try using the 2nd pci-e slot instead of the primary blue slot.

Back
Top Bottom