Unstable power supply while playing assassin's creed 3

javi_1237

Beta member
ok, here is my problem: I have been playing assassins creed 3 for a week more or less with no problems at all, but two days ago the computer restarted in the middle of the game and then I got the message: "Anti-surge protection was triggered, system was shut down to protect from unstable power supply".

I tried playing two more times but after half hour more or less, it happened again. I thought it was a problem with the video card so i tried other games (sonic generations, dishonored, etc) but they worked fine. Then i got borrowed a PSU from a friend, but again after playing AC3 for a while it restarted.

So it doesn't seem to be a PSU problem. I downloaded a GPU and CPU stresser and ran it for an hour with each one but neither the CPU or the GPU gave me a problem. So the only way I get this error is while playing AC3.

By the way I also checked the temperatures while playng and they seem normal.

I'm running out of ideas and I really want to play this game.

My computer specs are the following:
-CPU: AMD FX x8, 3.1Ghz
-GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon 6770
-PSU: Topower 500w
-motherboard: ASUS M5A88-M
-RAM: two 4Gb Kingston (8Gb in total)
-operating system: Windows 8 pro

Let me know if you need any more info.

I installed it a month ago but this is the first time I have problems with games. Now that I think, windows got an update the day before the game crashed for the first time, but I'm not sure if that's related :-S

Ive just never have seen an error like that pop up on a computer before. See if you can roll back from before that last update or uninstall it and try again...

I think I figured out whats going on. I resinstalled the game and tried it again and this time it didn't restartm it just freezed. So I minimized it and opened task manager to find out that the hard disc usage percentage was 100%. Then I moved the game to another partition and played with no problems.

It seems that an specific section of my disc is causing problems, somehow resulting in a power surge error. I'll run some program to check the disc later, but at least I can play now :)

Back
Top Bottom