KingNeil

Solid State Member
Hi, my BIOS information is as follows:

BIOS Information
Vendor: Phoenix
Version: 1.05AD
Release Date: 09/16/2009

---

I think that I have a virus in my BIOS... and I need to flash my BIOS in order to get the original version of the BIOS back.

The problem is.. I have searched all over the Internet, and cannot seem to find this precise BIOS anywhere, to download, so that I can flash the BIOS and get the original version back.

If it helps.... my computer is an Advent Roma, manufacturer Advent, and model, Roma.

So, if anyone knows where I can find the BIOS software, or if anyone has this computer or another Advent, it would be good if you could let me know.

If you have Linux, you can run the following command to find your BIOS version:

sudo dmidecode | less

If you have Windows, follow this tutorial, in order to find your BIOS:

BIOS Version - How To Find the BIOS Version in the Windows Registry

Thanks a lot.

The reason I think I have a virus in my BIOS, is because I don't even use an operating system installed on a hard drive. I boot directly from a Ubuntu live disc, and despite that, people keep hacking into my computer, seemingly from the instant I turn it on. This leads me to assume that it's based in the motherboard/BIOS, because, I have tried wiping the hard drive, and they still get back into my system, recording sound from the microphone, logging keystrokes, viewing web history etc.

In fact, I even accidentally dropped my computer on the floor, which actually broke the hard drive-- so, it certainly can't be a virus on the hard drive.

I've heard that the only other options are a BIOS virus, or a virus in the video card.... so... I reckon it's BIOS... seeing as my computer doesn't even have a dedicated video card.... So.. yeah.

Are you sure you're not being monitored by your IP?

If you want to try upgrading the BIOS.. then what is the make/model of your computer (if it's a pre-built system)? If it's a custom-built system, what's the brand/model of your motherboard?

As I said, the computer is an Advent Roma. Information here;

UKT Support - Advent Roma Laptop

And.. someone on another forum pointed me to this page, with downloads for it...

https://www.adventcomputers.co.uk/product-download-select/110

... and.... unfortunately, there is no download for the BIOS software, which, as I've said, is

Vendor: Phoenix
Version: 1.05AD
Release Date: 09/16/2009

....... So...... at this point.... the only way I'm going to be able to get this BIOS, is if someone else on the Internet has an Advent Roma, and can make a copy of their BIOS for me, so I can use it on mine.... that is, if theirs isn't infected, too-- which I doubt it would be.

Alternatively, I could try going to PC World (the shop where I bought it), and see if they have any Advent Roma computers which I can copy the BIOS from (highly doubtful).

So.. it's looking like I'm screwed... I find it hard to believe that there is no copy of a BIOS released in 2009... on the entire Internet, especially by an established company like Phoenix... but I guess there really isn't... Absolutely amazing...

Your best bet will probably be to contact Advent to see if they have a BIOS update for your system.

One thing you could try first is running CPU-Z, and getting. The make and model of your motherboard (if it displays) and going to that manufacturers site to see if one is available.

I found this bios link that is to Advent Roma but its a 2000 and the Bios is Phoenix1.6
Phoenix-1.06.rom

I'm not really sure but it looks like it may work for you.

I have see all your posts out here you've been busy.

Back
Top Bottom