Is there any way to discover the manufacturer of a non-branded GPU?

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi again.

Ok, I found a super deal on a new 560Ti GPU. It is a "non-branded" version [no visible markings as to who made it].

It is working great for two solid months, but I have always wondered who made it, where it came from, and the quality of the build.

Ok, my million dollar question:

Is there any way to discover the manufacturer of a non-branded GPU?

Also, is there any way to discover the quality of the build?

Please let me know if you have any clues that might help me discover what I have under the hood of my new build.

Thanks,

Soar

Search the model number or serial number. There are actual reference Nvidia cards that float around from time to time that have no markings and a very stock looking shroud.

Search the model number or serial number. There are actual reference Nvidia cards that float around from time to time that have no markings and a very stock looking shroud.

Ok, I will yank it out and look for the model and/or serial number.

BTW, what is a reference Nvidia card?

Soar

A card made by Nvidia themselves. Reference cards are the ones sent to reviewers before mass production is done so they can have numbers and reviews done before release. That's why they have no manufacturer stickers or anything identifiable on them. I said to Google the numbers because if it does have a manufacturer it would pop up that way.

Back
Top Bottom