Upgrading Video Card Help

It was for 6 ms GTG. So to clarify, lower response time is better? And, 6 ms GTG would be acceptable for gaming, but having a lower ms would be more ideal?

Yes, but I'll be the first to say 90% of gamers wont notice the difference between 2, 4, and 6 or even sometimes 8. GTG or BTB. That's why I simply tell people get something within your budget and size requirement from Asus, Dell, or Samsung and you're pretty set. The only other nit picky thing people can have on monitors is colors.

I have another question in regards to video card. Earlier in this thread someone mentioned the difference between 1 gig and 2 gig Vram for the video card. I am curious though, specifically talking about this difference. Will it be noticeable difference, difference in fps? Specifically how much does it effect things, and in your opinion is it worth paying an extra 20-30 dollars for the 2 gigs?

In all reality no. High VRAM should really only be meant for higher end cards capable of even processing or needing that much space. For instance, my card only having 1.5GB. I cap that easily with my modded copy of Skyrim and I want the 3GB version. I'm still doubtful if my car could even handle processing the extra textures so it's 50/50. Cards like the 680 it is worth it to get 4GB instead of 2GB, but on lower cards not so much.

Alright then in that case, I think I am going to go with the 1 gig and I think I found an option where a get a little bit of a discount compared to what it is normally sold as.
143.99 including shipping and handling + $20.00 mail in rebate card (with the promo code "HARDOCP1128D" entered) + assassins creed 3
Newegg.com - EVGA SSC 01G-P4-3652-KR GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

This one looks legit to you guys? You already mentioned how eVGA is a quality brand, and how this video card should fit into my motherboard, etc. But I think I am going to make this purchase in a few hours, and it would be awesome to have one of you guys give it the thumbs up before I pull the trigger and buy it.

Alright awesome. Pretty sure I am going to buy that then.

I gotta say also, that you guys on this forum are pretty awesome and informative about answering the questions that I have asked.
Originally I posted this same thread on multiple sites to get opinions from multiple sources. But this site (specifically PPMcguire and Patonb) have really seemed to know what you guys are talking about, help explain ideas in a way that makes sense, and on top of that your relatively quick to help someone with a question.

So thank you to you guys/this site. Because I really do appreciate that help you guys gave me. Out of all the forums I posted my question too also, this will be the main one I am going to go to with computer questions in mind, and just to kill time and read forums on the internet about computers. Mybee there will be someone that I will be able to help answer some questions too.

Once again, thank you guys for your help.

So I made the purchase! $143.99 was my final purchase + I got a copy of assassins creed 3 + I have 20 dollars mail in rebate card so the actual cost ends up being...
123.99 with a free copy of assasins creed 3
Now, I have some question in regards to installing a new video card to a system. Now my computer is still running smoothly, and I would like to avoid having to reinstalling the operating system.
So, is replacing the video card as simple as unplugging my computer, taking out the video card, putting in the new one, starting the computer, installing the video card drivers? OR do I have to uninstall previous video card drivers, then remove the video card, and continue with the rest of the process?

Something else I am finding out with your recommendations in regards to computer monitors are that those brands are much more expensive. Like, I look at a acer monitor with 23 " and under 5ms and good contrast ratio on special right now, and compare is to an asus, dell, or samsung and the price is almost double for the other ones. Do these brands offer much better warranties or what sets these brands apart from the rest? I know with a previous monitor with acer they had a policy where if you had only a single partially dead pixel on your monitor that you could not replace/return your monitor or something. Rules like this are also things I think separate better companies from the worse. But are there more policies like this that apply with your recommendations as well or?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom