Unsolvable problem

Xeepher

Solid State Member
Alright I can bring more info about the hardware if it's needed so just say and I will edit it in :) I really hope someone out there can help me out with this issue.

Lets begin:
I had been away from home for about a week and when I got home I decided to clean my computer, I did like I've always done and can't remember even nudging anything inside. But weird enough afterwards my computer would begin defying me in ways I thought never possible.

It started loading up windows (XP at that time, bad computer) and just shut down as soon as it finished the loading screen and showed the desktop.

I tried restarting it a few times and it seemed to work while in safety mode even after a system restore the problem remained outside safety mode.

At this point I was thinking, well I must have broken something somehow.
The other day I went to a friends and we swapped some parts out but kept that same problem, we formated the HDD and went on with installing windows 7 we had the same problems but eventually managed to at least install windows 7 but it shut down within 30 seconds of finishing loading screen anyway.

We were thinking well it can only be the power supply or for some weird reason the HDD. At the end the HDD was the only thing that was left of my old computer and the same problem was still there. So I bought a new one, I could mention every parts name if it matters to anyone.

Problem obviously stayed, I thought well okay. then it has to be my power supply cause we switched back to my old one when I went back home but I kept his motherboard, RAM memories and the CPU. I went to a friends and grabbed my old graphics card he borrowed just to be sure it wasn't the GPU for some reason.

Same results with whatever GPU i use, at this time I got a new power supply as well. XFX pro 550 watt something, like I said I can check the hardware up and mention it all if it would matter.

So now this brings me to the issue I have no solution, idea or answer to. There is no single thing in my computer that is the same as it was when the problem started. The only thing that is the same, is the problem. When I try to boot the windows 7 installer it loads up and shuts down once again at the logo, and once I managed to choose language and then it shut down right when the partition screen finished loading.

So does anyone have any idea what can be causing this, or even better just a solution to it. At this point I'm not even interested anymore why it happend, I just want the computer fixed.

Didn't you just state the motherboard, RAM, and CPU were the same? There is your answer. Reseat the heatsink with new paste and only use one stick of RAM to test. Honestly sounds like your CPU is getting too hot quickly and the failsafe in the bios is shutting the PC down.

I know this pretty much a wooden computer, but gimme a break :E I'm poor.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current build:
2x Crucial Ballistix 1GB ram memories
1x MSI motherboard 7250
1x AMD 2.4ghz CPU dual core (don't know exact model)
1x Nvidia geforce 8400 GS/ Asus Geforce 7400 GS(this is the old card I had a long time ago and tried using in case something was wrong with the 8400)
1x Barracuda 7200 SATA 6Gbit/s 1TB
1x XFX ProSeries Core Edition 550W PSU

Old Build(When the problems started out):
1x Samsung HD161HJ 160GB 7200 RPM 8M HDD
2x Crucial BP112XH.CJ 1GB Ram memory
1x Corsair VS1GB667D2 1 GB ram memory
1x Intel Pentium 4 3.06 ghz processor
1x ECS 945P-A motherboard
1x Nvidia geforce 8400 GS

Didn't you just state the motherboard, RAM, and CPU were the same? There is your answer. Reseat the heatsink with new paste and only use one stick of RAM to test. Honestly sounds like your CPU is getting too hot quickly and the failsafe in the bios is shutting the PC down.

Ah sorry if I wasn't clear enough, the stuff I wrote above the quote is the different builds. There is in fact dried out paste on the new CPU, but it's running at 33-38C and system heat is about 30C so the cooling can't really be the problem :/

Also, might be worth mentioning that somtimes when it shuts down I can't start it again. But I seem to have to either wait or quickly tap the on and off button back n forth to charge the PSU up so I can start the computer again.

When was the last time you took it all apart and cleaned everything? Anything can cause this issue so it isn't a "oh it's this" type of problem. RAM not seated properly, dust in a slot, case short, bad HDD, bad PSU, CPU overheating, corrupted OS install, malicious software, bios settings wrong. Any one of those or more could be it. Since you said safemode works have you tried trying a fresh install?

When was the last time you took it all apart and cleaned everything? Anything can cause this issue so it isn't a "oh it's this" type of problem. RAM not seated properly, dust in a slot, case short, bad HDD, bad PSU, CPU overheating, corrupted OS install, malicious software, bios settings wrong. Any one of those or more could be it. Since you said safemode works have you tried trying a fresh install?

Well it was about a week, ago I guess I could take it all out and make sure there is no dust anywhere or such. I've been planning to update the bios first and if that doesn't work I will remove everything from the case and make sure nothing is dusty or such.

A bios update could work, but you shouldn't be having problems like that with the current one.
You failed to answer if you have tried a fresh install. If your OS is corrupt none of the extra work will help.

A bios update could work, but you shouldn't be having problems like that with the current one.
You failed to answer if you have tried a fresh install. If your OS is corrupt none of the extra work will help

Ah my bad, yeah I'm on my second fresh install of XP atm. I managed to get windows 7 installed but it just shuts down everytime I try to load it, even safe mode. And the computer won't let me update the bios either :/ can't use internet either cause it shuts off directly as it is used + sometimes when I use the USB it just shuts off as well.

What really doesn't make since is it will run in safe mode but not with a fresh install. So it will remain running in safe mode. If it does go into your system folder and administration tools event viewer,windows logs,application, and also system and see what you find in there. It may point you to some problem...

Back
Top Bottom