Intel i5-3470 overclocking?

Isn't the cooler, the better? And I don't know Metrics, :$

you should learn :p as most of the world is in metrics, and cpu temps are generally in metrics.

pp is right, you don't need to do anything with your cpu, you can upgrade the cooler if you want, but it isn't necessary to touch anything if you don't want.

Isn't the cooler, the better? And I don't know Metrics, :$

Sure it's better, but if this guys temps load are 37c then he doesn't need any extra unnecessary work put on him for a machine working perfect. Not to mention a waste of money putting a heatsink aimed for overclocking on a chip that can't overclock.

As was said, CPU temps (and pretty much all computer related temps) are in Celsius. When somebody posts in Fahrenheit simply Google for a converter. If CPU load temps aren't over 68C then nothing to worry about. If GPU temps aren't over 88C then nothing to worry about.

Not really, they just tend to produce low heat depending on the drive. For instance, for some reason my 5900RPM 2TB drives are as hot as my 10k Raptor. Then again, my server is also idling at 60c on the CPU so I guess the closet is a bit toasty. Should probably open the door lol.

A 7200RPM should be hotter than 5900, and 10k hotter than 7200. My 1TB Samsung, 160GB Seagate, and 1TB Seagate are all 7200RPM and are hovering right at 41C. My 2TB 5900RPM drives and 10k Raptor are both at 52C.

Back
Top Bottom