1100 dollar build help!

if you can swing another $100 for the ssd it will make a noticeable difference for level loading in games beyond a fast windows start. they are worth the money. I didnt initially put one in just to have a 'gaming' tower without sacrificing too much.

and yes, maine is quite nice. :D although watch out, a lot of places still charge 2 for 1 with canadian dollars as a policy, and you guys beat us on parity. D:

Thats why i always convert beforehand :p only carry USD in the USA!

Hmm you two def make the SSD sound like its needed, ill look in to it for sure if not for xmas or something (might be a pain because id have to reinstall everything but still)

Okay so here is a bit of a updated list: (also note, i notice both of you are fans of Asrock Mobos, newegg seems to be flooded with some horrible reviews on them though mostly manufacturing not performance so im sort of unsure on them)

Here is the new list:
BIOSTAR TZ77B LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS - 99.99

Intel Core i5-3330 Ivy Bridge 3.0GHz (3.2GHz Turbo Boost)- 189.99

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)-39.99

EVGA 04G-P4-3673-KR GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16-449.99

Western Digital Caviar Green WD15EZRX 1.50 TB 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -99.99

Intel 330 Series Maple Crest SSDSC2CT120A3K5 2.5" 120GB SATA III-99.99

SONY Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model-18.99

RAIDMAX SMILODON Extreme Black ATX-612WEB 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case-89.99

1088.92 Plus a powersupply *not sure which i need was looking at this

Newegg.ca - CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
meh, asus or asrock seem to make some good boards. asus especially.

don't go by newegg reviews. they are filled with retards and 12 year olds, and people who take off stars for late shipments and poor packaging.

youre not going to want that 'green' version of a hard drive. it is slower and not meant for running programs, but instead for data storage.

youre missing a power supply and an operating system.

Last edited:
meh, asus or asrock seem to make some good boards. asus especially.

don't go buy newegg reviews. they are filled with retards and 12 year olds, and people who take off stars for late shipments and poor packaging.

youre not going to want that 'green' version of a hard drive. it is slower and not meant for running programs, but instead for data storage.

youre missing a power supply and an operating system.

OS i got covered, ya i noticed the powersupply was missing i was looking at this one

Newegg.ca - CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

How do you think the computer will hold up to demands of todays games?

So you go from one of the top 3 motherboard makers to one of the worst lol. Sorry, that made me giggle.

People who down talk ASRock these days have not had the pleasure of using one of their Extreme boards recently. IMO they make better boards than Asus now besides the super high end WS boards. I have had bad experience previously with both Asus and Gigabyte so the last of the top 3 for me is ASRock.

Rig looks good. 750w is a bit much for the rig. You could save some cash getting the TX650m instead.

So you go from one of the top 3 motherboard makers to one of the worst lol. Sorry, that made me giggle.

People who down talk ASRock these days have not had the pleasure of using one of their Extreme boards recently. IMO they make better boards than Asus now besides the super high end WS boards. I have had bad experience previously with both Asus and Gigabyte so the last of the top 3 for me is ASRock.

Rig looks good. 750w is a bit much for the rig. You could save some cash getting the TX650m instead.

LOL i havent built since 775 :(... i never even heard of Asrock back then i only used asus, i just worry about getting a broken board everything i saw on there performance looked top notch! maybe buying it in store would be a better option for the mobo then online in that case! I wasnt sure if i needed the 750 with the big graphics card but ill take ur advice drop it down to a 650..

Ya seems on newegg once i read the reviews its filled with people saying stuff came broken or just doesnt work even the EVGA card ppl on there saying it shuts down once it heats past 75... who knows tho evga are usually really good

Like was said, you have to ignore the reivews on Newegg as 90% of the posters on there are idiots. I put a legitimate review on there once and basically got "down voted" (not helpful). I even laid down details. People are just stupid and get butthurt cause something tiny went wrong that was probably their fault anyways.

I ran my buddies eVGA 680s on the stock cooler way overclocked and they hit past 75 without a single problem.

Graphics card power consumption has come down considerately. You can run a GTX 690 (dual GPU card) on a minimum of 650w now.

came broken or just doesnt work
TRANSLATION: i stepped on it and want a replacement.

ive ordered a metric ton of stuff online and from newegg especially and ive had 1 (one) thing come broken to RMA; a dvd drive which they replaced. they didnt even want the old one back. call it anecdotal if you want...

I'll further that, both my Samsung LCDs were open box "refurb" units. Being the nature of an LCD buying something like this is high risk. They were both brand new when I received them. Sealed up with all accessories. No finger prints, nothing. People are just idiots online when it comes to things and make up excuses for their ignorance.

Well guys, i have taken some advice of yours, found a pretty cool site which finds the best deals online for your area so you get the cheapest price, this allowed me to do some alterations!

So this is (I think) the final build, let me kno your thoughts PP you seem to have some great insight, its 100 dollars more but i think its got everything i need. the reason they have 3 prices is just off the site the last price is the price with tax (13% here in canada)

CPU Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor $219.79 FREE $28.57 $248.36

Motherboard
ASRock Z77 Pro4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard $132.12 FREE $17.17 $149.29

Memory
G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $39.16 $5.09 $44.25

Storage
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $61.99 $8.05 $70.04

Samsung 830 Series 64GB 2.5" Solid State Disk $87.71 FREE $11.40 $99.11

Video Card
EVGA GeForce GTX 670 4GB Video Card $449.99 $58.49 $508.48

Case
Rosewill CHALLENGER ATX Mid Tower Case $54.99 $7.14 $62.13

Buy
Power Supply
Corsair Enthusiast 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply $104.99 $13.64 $118.63

Optical Drive
Sony DDU1681S-0B DVD/CD Drive

Back
Top Bottom