Overclocking Pentium 4 2.4GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

lance

Baseband Member
hey all, how much can i overclock a Pentium 4 2.4GHz? i wanna be very careful not to over clock it too much but how much is about half of the maximum? and should i get the Pentium 4 2.4GHz or a AMD Athlon XP 2400+ ? oh and what AMD Athlon XP is equal to the Pentium 4 2.4GHz?

lance

why in the world woudl you want to overclock a 2.4? thats crazy.....we both know that its more than fast enough for any PC user...and i wouldnt take the risk or destroying it because thats one expensive processor...

Get a xp2100 Revision "B" at www.newegg.com for about $96.00 couple it with a Epox 8rda mobo for $88.00 and a good HS and fan and you'll crank it up from 1.73 ghz to 2.4 ghz with no problems! It will EQUAL a INTEL p-4 2.8 ghz or blow by it!!! Thats the biggest o/cing craze out now!!! It may even go to 2.5 with good enough case and CPU cooling!!! Don't be suckered into buying a expensive CPU!!! A 10 year old can take it to 2.2-2.3 ghz and that will be heading toward a xp-2700-2800 and a p-4 2.66-2.8!!!

kool but im in australia. do u know any australian websites that sell the hardware???

lance

I don't know if this has been discussed yet but I will put my 2 sense in...

AMD Is a very great CPU Company indeed and their chips are great for overclocking (even better then intel) but they are always behind on speed compared to intel

Intel I personall don't like Intel chips! I feel Intel is for regular computer buyers that dont know a thing about computers! Intel is a type of make that rushes to get more speed out and make more money but dont suceed their limits to the one chip unlike AMD and there for Intel isnt as good as over-clocking as AMD Chips are

All in All AMD is the way to go in my view! For example: AMD Athlon XP 1800+ only equals a 1.56Ghz, but you get more reliability and strength to overclock that chip!

i wouldnt go with an epox mobo... they have gone down hill over the years....
get an AMD CPU and either a Asus or MSI mobo... they seem to have the best stuff out there right now.

dont know how much any of that stuff is going to cost you, but if your not sure about places online who ship internationally, check out ebay for alot of this stuff.... i know alot of those guys will ship down under for a little extra more.

I have a ASUS P4C800 Deluxe MB w/2.4 processor O/C'd to 3.0GHz with Intel stock HSF.
My system bus is running @ 250MHz w/1000MHz FSB.
Runs flawlessly!
A 3.0 for the price of a 2.4!
:p Not bad!

Basic System specs:

Antec TruePower480 P.S.
ASUS P4C800 Deluxe M.B.
Intel P4 2.4C @ 3.016GHz
Corsair Dual Channel XMS DDR400 RAM (Pc3200)
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom