Upgrading Video Card Help

So I asked this same question on another forum, and some guy said I would possibly be better off buying a better CPU and some RAM (roughly same price as graphics card), such as this CPU AMD FX 6100 (3.3 GHz) Processor 6-Core socket AM3+ Cache L3 8 Mo 0.032 micron TDP 95W. And eventually buying the graphics card later down the line. And, by doing this I would be getting more fps and my current graphics card would be working better.

But, my graphics card is still loud as **** and its annoying. So I sort of want to replace it anyways. Whats your guys advice on how I should approach this?
Buy the 650 ti, or AMD FX 6100 (3.3 GHz) Processor 6-Core socket AM3+ Cache L3 8 Mo 0.032 micron TDP 95W and some more RAM?

Thats sort of what I assumed as well. Thank you guys for the reinsurance advice. I really do think that at this point I am going to get a 650 ti by trying snag a good deal on the internet in the next week or two.
I also am thinking about replacing my computer screen/monitor. Ive been using 1600x900 for as long as a I can remember, and really think I want to buy a 1920x1080 screen with good contrast, etc.. Ive been seeing some pretty good deals on monitors as well this week through tigerdirect, newegg, and techbargins. Do you have any recommendation on quality brands to look for with computer monitors?
Also, earlier someone recommended evga for a graphics card brand to buy from, are there any other good choices that you would recommended (since I am shopping for deals sometimes you are limited on what is on sale for cyber week sales)?

The 650ti is a good card as its performance is comparable to the GTX570.
For screens I would limited to Samsung, Asus, and Dell. I like my NEC, but they can be hit and miss.
For GPU brands, eVGA, MSI, Asus.

On monitors, really watch for the responce time, cheaper monitors are 6-8ms GTG.

EVGA is the "main" Nvidia only maker. They have some models that are life time warrentees.

With response time on monitors, what should be a number that is good/acceptable for gaming. Im reading some monitors advertising 6 ms good for a "lag free" experience.

Back
Top Bottom