I'm beginning a new build with the GA-970A-D3. Have you any good advice for me?

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Well, I suppose the subject in my title says it all:

I'm beginning a new build with the GA-970A-D3. Have you any good advice for me before I assemble this new system??

Just wondering if anyone here has used this specific MB, and if yes, have you any good advice before I assemble this new system...

Here's my proposed new build:

AMD 1055T
GA-970A-D3 Motherboard
Corsair CX 600 PSU or Corsair TX 750 [which do you recommend and why]?
OCZ DDR3 RAM 1600 8GB
ASUS DVD Burner
R7770 or GTX 650 [which do you recommend and why]?
Patriot Pyro SE 120GB SSD SATA III

Thank you,

Soar

If you haven't bought these parts yet then I wouldn't get any of it except a TX650 and GTX 650ti.

Gigabyte CS is terrible, OCZ doesn't even make RAM anymore so no warranty, I do not trust Patriots SSDs like I do their RAM, and even though the CX600 would be fine for the money might as well get the TX650 to make sure you have quality.

If by 650 you mean 650ti then that because it has equivalent performance to the GTX570.

If you haven't bought these parts yet then I wouldn't get any of it except a TX650 and GTX 650ti.

Gigabyte CS is terrible, OCZ doesn't even make RAM anymore so no warranty, I do not trust Patriots SSDs like I do their RAM, and even though the CX600 would be fine for the money might as well get the TX650 to make sure you have quality.

If by 650 you mean 650ti then that because it has equivalent performance to the GTX570.

PPM,

Well thanks for the reply! Gosh, I feel as if my all balloons got popped and all the air was let out of my tires all in one swift stroke of your sword!

LOL! Well, the bad news is, I already purchased every item [everything was on sale], and now I gotta use these components.

The good news is I paid a fraction of the normal cost usually charged for this quality of a build.

Man, now you got me feeling terribly sorry for the poor guy I am building this for....

Ok, I suppose I will ask next time BEFORE I do the purchasing...

Soar

Well I suppose if you got them on a good bargain then no harm done. I seriously would have reconsidered less CPU power for a bit more GPU power anyways. Least a 650ti.

Well I suppose if you got them on a good bargain then no harm done. I seriously would have reconsidered less CPU power for a bit more GPU power anyways. Least a 650ti.

Thanks PPM!

I will for sure ask before I purchase in the future.

Usually, I simply purchase items that are at a huge discount and that way I can build the system way below normal wholesale cost, and offer the rigs to my friends and family at a greatly reduced price.

99% of the time, super savings is much more important than actual super performance in the position I fulfill.

Hope you'll understand.

I was nothing less than amazed when I just now checked the performance difference between the GTX 650 and the 650Ti...

http://www.hwcompare.com/13488/geforce-gtx-560-ti-vs-geforce-gtx-650/

But please remember, the GTX 650 only cost me about $15 brand new after rebate and selling the games that came free with it.

On the other hand, the 560Ti's that I just looked at are somewhere between $150-$180...oh my [that is more than 10 times more than what I paid for the GTX 650]!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...00006654&isNodeId=1&Description=650Ti&x=0&y=0

Soar

Last edited:
Like I said, on a good bargain no harm done. I assume people are buying new or on sale retail on this site so when I see something like this I try to prevent a mispurchase.

Back
Top Bottom