How to repair leather desk chair?

Veraster

In Runtime
I know this isn't the correct forum to put this in, but there isn't really a subforum for this. A chair is almost like peripheral only wireless and it doesn't require power or drivers sort of.

Anyway I don't know what it is about chairs and me, but I wear them out at a rate of 1 chair per year. I don't jump on them, scratch them or abuse them in any way but the fabric just wears out and wants to come off.

Here is my desk chair that is 2 years old:
2012_11_24_18_48_58_113.jpg

After that, I thought I would buy an expensive chair and see how much longer it lasted.

It didn't wear out as badly after a year but this is ridiculous.
2012_11_24_18_49_33_115.jpg

I'm pretty sure chairs are supposed to last longer than that. Is there any way to repair the leather? It doesn't have to look good it just has to look better and possibly prevent more damage. Any thoughts?

You could always get a chair cover. Do you wear jeans a lot and shuffle around subconsciously while sitting at your computer? My dad did this and would wear out chairs easy. When I sit at my PC I don't move at all really and have had the same chair almost a full year now with nothing wrong. The only thing that happened to this chair was Mariah's fault so I don't count it.

You could always get a chair cover. Do you wear jeans a lot and shuffle around subconsciously while sitting at your computer?
I wear jeans and don't sit perfectly still. I think I'll just find some black fabric and put that over it to prevent more damage.

once the leather is actually peeled off like it is here, the only way to repair it is to replace the leather. In this case you may as well get a new chair. However, leather is the same no matter if its on a Harley seat, car seat, or office chair. It needs to be taken care of. I use leather treatment, its meant for seats on leather cars but it works just as well with office chairs.

Back
Top Bottom