All Fans spin Memok Light All Red

Talyor

In Runtime
My build does just not seem to work I rma'd the motherboard and still no boot. Now I lost the speaker so I can't hear the boot codes but all fans spin up. What components can cause the computer not to boot up. I have 16gb of Patriot 1866 mhz Im wondering if thats the problem because the motherboard doesn't show that it supports it.

It would default to 1600 or 1333 naturally. Take all but one stick out, unplug all extra devices from your board, install the stock heatsink, take the board and PSU out of the case and put it on the motherboard box, put your card in the top PCI-E slot, then try turning it on.

I dont really want to put on the stock heatsink because I dont have any thermal paste but I'll take out everything and put it on. If it still doesn't work what do you think it could be? I doubt its the motherboard because i just rma'd it and got it back. The video didn't display on either the gpu and intregated gpu.

Something is just not causing it to post. Have you tried clearing the CMOS by taking the battery out and leaving it out for 5-10 minutes then trying?

Not yet but ill do all of your sugguestions soon thanks for helping so far haha

Yea I'm not so good at troubleshooting as I'm better when I have the PC right in front of me and takes me no time at all to figure it out. I just try to tell people what I would do in this instance.

The motherboard did the same thing It ran through some tests with the ram and it still shows it bright red, I dont think i can take it back to frys and change it for another ram either since its been 30 days but maybe we will see if they still will :p

Yah but I doubt its defective I think its just that its 1866mhz even tho my motherboard can support it at oc it doesnt say anything that it will work on the motherboard in the manuel thats why i wanna return it and get some 1600mhz that says the motherboard will support :p

Also it says on newegg its only compatible with x79 <.< But frys says its compatible

Last edited:
It will work. By default the board is supposed to load at 1600. You are required to put the divider up yourself or set the XMP profile. It does this to avoid issues with first boot. That's why I said I think there is something else going on with it.

Back
Top Bottom