Giving ram more voltage

i don't think i would recommend overclocking ram to people who really don't know what overclocking is in general.

i hope your computer is ok.
It isn't overclocking at all. It's adding the needed voltage for stability for 4 sticks IF it was causing his problem to begin with. It's a common problem known to AMD CPUs.

Lol, I am on it now. I had to reset the battery on the F****** computer. it's working now. BUT I know that i'm never doing that again. I gave you thanks cause you tried to help meh :p. I'll just get over the fact it's occasionally freezing :(
For future reference, there is a jumper on your board called clear CMOS just for that reason. No need to unplug anything.
I have a feeling you set the voltage too high or did something wrong causing it to go into protect mode and not post. You did nothing physically wrong to your computer, it just didn't boot from a wrong setting.
If it is indeed an IMC problem you wont ever fix it unless you go back to 2 sticks.

It isn't overclocking at all. It's adding the needed voltage for stability for 4 sticks IF it was causing his problem to begin with. It's a common problem known to AMD CPUs.

For future reference, there is a jumper on your board called clear CMOS just for that reason. No need to unplug anything.
I have a feeling you set the voltage too high or did something wrong causing it to go into protect mode and not post. You did nothing physically wrong to your computer, it just didn't boot from a wrong setting.
If it is indeed an IMC problem you wont ever fix it unless you go back to 2 sticks.

ah, wrong impression and i don't work with amd.

cmos clear will set things right.

It was weird I only increased it by one setting like you had said. I went for the battery because I couldn't find the CMOS :(. But it worked just fine as soon as I did. Are the BIOS completely different between Intel and AMD? Just curious because I'm probably going to go with Intel next time.

Back
Top Bottom