Good Replacement Case Fans.

Dalinkwent726

Baseband Member
I am buying a Corsair Obsidian 650D and would like to replace the fans (2x200mm & 1x120mm) with blue led fans. I am looking for quiet fans that will keep my case cool while being sturdy and well built. Basically I don't mind spending the extra money for some better fans, because once they are in I don't want to have to replace them for a while. I hope such a fan exists because if it doesn't I will just have keep stock fans in place. Thank you to anybody that can help.

Also I'm not 100% sure but the 200mm fans are 20mm thick, and the 120mm is 25mm thick. Like I said I'm not sure though.

Last edited:
Mguire, thanks again for your help. You previously helped me pick out some computer parts for my 1st rig. I'm happy to say that I am almost done buying all the parts, I have a couple more to get and then I will be done. Also while I have you here, I am looking for some good but not to expensive peripherals (mouse,keyboard, and monitor) I will be playing a lot of FPS, so if you have any recommendations I would like to hear them. I was looking at the "Logitech G9X" gaming mouse and the "Microsoft Sidewinder X4" keyboard, but I have no clue for a monitor. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Everyone I've talked to about the G9X loves it, and highly recommends it so it's definitely a save purchase. Keyboards are totally a preference, unless you're going to go for a mechanical then there are more choices and factual based opinions. the x4 keyboard looks fine, I've heard good things about their keyboards specifically the sidewinder series.

As for monitors, pick out a good size, I like 24" as it's a high resolution and there's lots of space, and you can get some pretty cheap. Other things to look for are a relatively low response time, under 4ms is good for gaming, if you're not gaming it doesn't really matter. I'd go to a best buy or somewhere and take a look at some monitors, see how they actually look (keep in mind though that they jack up the brightness and colors so it looks better) but pick out a few that look relatively nice (cause you will be looking at it a lot :p ) and then go scope out some reviews and find a cheap price!

Mguire, thanks again for your help. You previously helped me pick out some computer parts for my 1st rig. I'm happy to say that I am almost done buying all the parts, I have a couple more to get and then I will be done. Also while I have you here, I am looking for some good but not to expensive peripherals (mouse,keyboard, and monitor) I will be playing a lot of FPS, so if you have any recommendations I would like to hear them. I was looking at the "Logitech G9X" gaming mouse and the "Microsoft Sidewinder X4" keyboard, but I have no clue for a monitor. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
For gaming, the tool of choice is the mouse. A mouse can make the difference between sucking, simply doing good, or actually being able to progress in ability IMO. A keyboard can be as fancy as you want but really there is nothing to it unless you play MMO. That is when macro keys can come in handy. I have gamed on both a mechanical a regular "gaming" keyboard (my Lycosa, Saitek, Fatal1ty, ect), and 2 dollar garage sale specials. None of them made a difference in my gaming ability. Expensive keyboards IMO are more geared toward typing ability. If you wish to get a "gaming" keyboard that is up to you.

I have used a Razer Mamba, Lachesis, Deathadder, and Naga. I did not like any of them. Not because I thought they were crap, but because my style is palm grip and Razer mice are more geared toward claw grip. I also like meaty mice with weight. Most all Razer mice are exceptionally light.

I have used the G700 (current), G9x, G500, G5 Rev 2 (basically same mouse), G5 rev 1, MX518, MX510, and some cheapo. The G5 was my tool of choice for the longest time until I got my G9x. It was "too small" for me as the style of grip is much different than traditional Logitech mice. I finally got the G700 and I love it.

I say go to Best Buy or any electronics store with keyboards and mice on display and test them out to get a feel of what you like. Nothing I do or say can change a personal preference and style.

As for monitor, stick with Samsung, Asus, and Dell and you should be good. As was mentioned, less response (*MS) is good, but preferably you want 1080p or better in the size you want. Some people like 27", others like 21". I tend to stick around 23/24 myself.

For gaming, the tool of choice is the mouse. A mouse can make the difference between sucking, simply doing good, or actually being able to progress in ability IMO. A keyboard can be as fancy as you want but really there is nothing to it unless you play MMO. That is when macro keys can come in handy. I have gamed on both a mechanical a regular "gaming" keyboard (my Lycosa, Saitek, Fatal1ty, ect), and 2 dollar garage sale specials. None of them made a difference in my gaming ability. Expensive keyboards IMO are more geared toward typing ability. If you wish to get a "gaming" keyboard that is up to you.

I have used a Razer Mamba, Lachesis, Deathadder, and Naga. I did not like any of them. Not because I thought they were crap, but because my style is palm grip and Razer mice are more geared toward claw grip. I also like meaty mice with weight. Most all Razer mice are exceptionally light.

I have used the G700 (current), G9x, G500, G5 Rev 2 (basically same mouse), G5 rev 1, MX518, MX510, and some cheapo. The G5 was my tool of choice for the longest time until I got my G9x. It was "too small" for me as the style of grip is much different than traditional Logitech mice. I finally got the G700 and I love it.

I say go to Best Buy or any electronics store with keyboards and mice on display and test them out to get a feel of what you like. Nothing I do or say can change a personal preference and style.

As for monitor, stick with Samsung, Asus, and Dell and you should be good. As was mentioned, less response (*MS) is good, but preferably you want 1080p or better in the size you want. Some people like 27", others like 21". I tend to stick around 23/24 myself.

Everyone I've talked to about the G9X loves it, and highly recommends it so it's definitely a save purchase. Keyboards are totally a preference, unless you're going to go for a mechanical then there are more choices and factual based opinions. the x4 keyboard looks fine, I've heard good things about their keyboards specifically the sidewinder series.

As for monitors, pick out a good size, I like 24" as it's a high resolution and there's lots of space, and you can get some pretty cheap. Other things to look for are a relatively low response time, under 4ms is good for gaming, if you're not gaming it doesn't really matter. I'd go to a best buy or somewhere and take a look at some monitors, see how they actually look (keep in mind though that they jack up the brightness and colors so it looks better) but pick out a few that look relatively nice (cause you will be looking at it a lot :p ) and then go scope out some reviews and find a cheap price!

Thanks to you both, I really appreciate the suggestions I get from this forum. I will keep everything you guys have said in mind when I am shopping for my peripherals. Also I just found out that I have a Micro Center not to far from my house, maybe I will go there and check out their selection as well.

Back
Top Bottom