Gigabyte & RAM upgrade Help

oops, we made a slight error it would be 18G not 16G for the EX58.

2G x 3 = 6 presently
4G x 3 = 12 adding in

18G total

EDIT: wow! well, your system(s) are more suitable for composition then lol

I was thinking this instead.
4GB x 4 = 16
2GB x 2 = 4
20GB total.

Either way, I was off.

Haha, well even better.
I was following a dumb logic myself, trying to keep it symmetrical in trip's. I don't
know if it actually has merit to do so.

Most likely that setup (either actually) will run in dual channel, but it could run in triple too. If you can please report back here and tell me what it does as I'm curious. You wont really notice the difference anyways.

Most likely that setup (either actually) will run in dual channel, but it could run in triple too. If you can please report back here and tell me what it does as I'm curious. You wont really notice the difference anyways.

True, that computer will not be pushed intensively RAM wise any way so even if I go with 18 or 20 I won't see any huge difference. Sure I'll let ya know

Even if it did get pushed RAM wise the difference in bandwidth wont be noticed real world sort of like my quad channel vs dual channel.

Yes, not for the real world use that this computer will be designated for. But for something like a sampling system, the extra 2G of RAM could be the difference between a stable system vs unstable

I'm not talking about size, but rather bandwidth. The difference between dual, triple, and quad channel on paper is huge but when simply using a system with a RAM setup of either one you can't really tell the difference at all.

I'm not talking about size, but rather bandwidth. The difference between dual, triple, and quad channel on paper is huge but when simply using a system with a RAM setup of either one you can't really tell the difference at all.

Oh yes, absolutely, I just meant actual size :) but you are 100% correct!

Do you think there is much difference between this RAM:

Kingston HyperX Blu 16GB Kit (2x8 GB Modules) 1600MHz 240-pin DDR3 Non-ECC CL10 Desktop Memory KHX1600C10D3B1K2/16G

And the one I mention in the OP that I'd like to upgrade to? I mean they are both compatible for the system. So what's the difference? Because this above model of RAM is a bit less expensive so I'd like to go with it if it isn't a huge difference.

Back
Top Bottom