LCD's gone mad - colors crossing - fuzzy lines - blurry issues

Rak_TAL

Beta member
Hello everyone. I've got a Dell 1540. since 6 months ago it started having fuzzy lines - blurry issues - colors crossing and troubles like that. I took photos of it (attached).

everytime I flick it or open/close the LCD the problem goes away, but since a week ago, this problem appears every minute and I can't stand it anymore.
please tell me what should I do to fix it?

Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 0
Firstly, try updating your video drivers. If it goes away, then it was just an install of bad drivers.

If it doesn't go away after that, then try plugging in through the VGA cable to a tv or external monitor to see if the lines appear on that monitor as well.

If they do appear, then it's something with the graphics card/ motherboard and will most likely be costly to fix.

If they don't appear on the external monitor, then it's just something with the LCD panel on the laptop. You'll need to replace the panel (usually around $100 or so to replace for the panel itself).

My old laptop did the same, the screen connection to the motherboard was loose. Fixed it, but it happened again soon, so I ended up buying a parts PC and replacing the screen.

Thank you for the tips.
I connected the laptop to a LCD-TV and it doesn't show the same problems.
Is that a good sign?
the problem is the one and only VGA driver is one that has been released in 2010. so I can't update the drivers cause there are no drivers for this model I guess. by the way my laptop is not 1540, it's Dell Inspiron 1564 (don't know why I said 1540!).

My old laptop did the same, the screen connection to the motherboard was loose. Fixed it, but it happened again soon, so I ended up buying a parts PC and replacing the screen.

I guess I have the same problem. the thing is I don't know how ot fix the loose connection.

Thank you for the tips.
I connected the laptop to a LCD-TV and it doesn't show the same problems.
Is that a good sign?
the problem is the one and only VGA driver is one that has been released in 2010. so I can't update the drivers cause there are no drivers for this model I guess. by the way my laptop is not 1540, it's Dell Inspiron 1564 (don't know why I said 1540!).

I guess I have the same problem. the thing is I don't know how ot fix the loose connection.

What graphics chipset do you have? Go to Start > right click Computer > Properties > Device Manager (on left panel) > expand "Display Adapters" and post what is listed there.

As for if it were a loose connection, you'd just need to tear down the laptop (probably the LCD screen casing) and on the back of the panel, check to make sure the connector is plugged in securely.

You have to take the laptop apart and unplug and plug back in the ribbon cable that attaches the LCD to the board. On some models it is easy, but on others it takes a lot of time and patience. The problem is heat or force caused it to be loose and so you have to reseat it. The same thing happened to my Gateway 3 years ago and Best Buy wanted to charge me 700+ to send it back to Gateway....cause that made so much sense.

Take to Google and figure out how to take it apart and what kind of cable it has. Most likely it is a shielded cable with a white clasp connection. If this is the case it will be easy but the hard part is usually getting to it.

Back
Top Bottom