Are these voltages normal?

Chad711

Daemon Poster
I'm just wondering if these reading look pretty normal? Also would a bad psu possibly trip a breaker? This happens in my house (new house too) very randomly at times and it only happens where i have computer hooked up. The electricians have been out here twice checking everything and even redoing the wiring in all the outlets.

Do bad psu's spike in voltage sometimes? Just trying to figure out how to tell if my psu is the issue or not.

psuinfo.jpg

Wiring could be the sole of popping breakers. My old place had half the house (2 rooms, 2 bathrooms, and half the living room) wired up to a single 15 amp breaker. I doubt seriously your computer is pulling enough juice to pop the breaker so if you have anything else plugged in try unplugging that stuff first.

On that note, voltages look ok.

Yup I never thought my computer would be the issue either. There is only this room and the bathroom that is on one breaker. For the longest time I had an extension cord running from another room that was on a different breaker just because I've never had a problem. Months later (last night) it tripped the breaker. I couldn't believe it but it finally happened in that room. So then I immediately plugged the computer back into the media room where it always trips after 3+ hours and it tripped right away.

The bad part is when the electricians come it never happens! Drives me crazy. It only seems to happen when I'm playing a game...which is always swtor.

And you're saying if you use an extension cord anytime you use your PC it pops the breaker, correct? How many GPUs do you have? If you are running under 1000w then I'm going to guess there is some form of short causing the breaker to pop or your breaker system is just weak. What brand of breakers are in your box and are you able to identify what gauge of cable is being used for your rooms?

Back
Top Bottom