Struggling to find a MOBO

Yep ill get one, heatsink is slightly more raised in the middle;
Oh and If the power supply doesnt have enough connecters, are using molex to 6pin and 8pin safe?
This card requires an 8 pin and a 6 pin

I have to take off for a few but yes I want to see this, and I'm well aware it is raised. I can see it from the pictures off Google Images and Gigabyte's site. It should still cause no issue.

You didn't link a PSU in the post 2 posts up....lol
If it isn't Corsair, Seasonic, or Antec my answer is 90% probably going to be no. Just an FYI (I'm strict on OEM quality).

If you get a Corsair unit all of the PCI-E power connectors are 8 pin with 2 pins detachable for 6pin plugs on the card end.

Thank you PP, Ill get the picture up in a few hours, its getting late here, and thanks for the advice on the power supply, ( and i just meant the two you mentioned )
I like OCZ, but i've never had a high end graphics card, or anyone asked me to build something that needed a decent PSU

IMO anything you build needs a decent PSU. Wattage isn't everything as you can have a 900w crap PSU burn out just from bad ripple off the wall or something ridiculous like that. It's the components inside the PSU that make it good, and you want a well known reputable OEM making your PSU to ensure quality parts are used. Cause if not, you are gambling your whole PC. As for OCZ, with their fiscal situation and their recent reputation (online and personal) of burnt out PSUs I haven't recommended any SSDs or PSUs from them. I would not want something to die then the company go bankrupt and not grant a warranty.

CPU - No brainer, there isn't a reason right now to buy AMD besides niche areas.
Motherboard - ASRock, MSI, Asus in that order.
RAM - Corsair, G.Skill, Patriot no particular order. Currently long as they are 1600MHz and a good price.
GPU - eVGA for Nvidia, XFX/MSI equally for AMD
PSU - Corsair, Seasonic, Antec in that order. Seasonic is the OEM for most Corsair units, but I like the PR guy and Corsair's CS better.
Case - personal preference and usage preference. For myself, I tend to lean toward Corsair and NZXT.
SSD - Samsung and Corsair / HDD - Seagate storage, WD Black and Samsung F3/4 equally for regular usage.
Cooling:
Air Heatsink - Thermalright, Noctua in that order.
Water AIO - Corsair, Antec, NZXT In that order
Water Custom - Watercool Heatkiller, EK, Swiftech in that order
Visual:
LCD PC - Samsung, NEC, Asus, Dell in that order.
LCD Workstation - Dell, Samsung, NEC in that order.
Projection - InFocus, Epson, Optoma in that order.

This is just stuff I would buy myself and most personal preference from experience.

Back
Top Bottom