I need a fix to my sound loop crash bug!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chziime

Baseband Member
I looked on forums all over the internet, and sooo many people have the same thing I have. After about 20 minutes of play of certain games (Half Life 2, Far Cry), my game freezes and the sound loops, and I have to force shutdown my computer. My PSU, temps, memory, and video card are fine. It's supposed to be an Audigy sound card with a VIA/ASUS motherboard bug. I moved my sound card to PCI2 from PCI1, I turned off AGP fast write, I lowered sound hardware acceleration, I changed to AGP 4x, and NOTHING worked! I have all latest drivers for everything! I have an Audigy 2 ZS and the Asus A8V Deluxe motherboard.

If anybody knows about the bug I'm talking about, please help. This bug has been around for YEARS, because I see posts about the same bug in forums ranging from 2001-2004!

This is my exact problem: http://tinyurl.com/5qnma . Nothing there worked.. the only thing I didn't try is playing without sound.

I know that there is a bug whith Half Life 2 and the audigy's, but it isnt this bad for most. Ok, first we want to make sure you have the system requirements for the game. Show us these in your next post.

After this, if it still is a problem get www.lavasoftusa.com Ad-Aware if you dont already have it, and make sure you customize your scan for "Check in Sub-folders" and make sure it covers all of the computer (all drives).

After this check for viruses, however you would go about doing it.

If none of those work, get an Asus motherboard probe that reads the temperature of you CPU, mobo and chipset. After all of this is done post back with the results.

If none of this works we can move on to checking the Video card temperature and this takes a little longer.

It is not a temperature problem, and I already checked for adware and viruses.

It's a problem that many people on the internet have, and it has to do with the sound card and the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom