AX7770 Crossfire question

FoxiStatis

Baseband Member
Hey guys I was wondering what the speed increase is when you goto a crossfire setup. I was just wondering because I want to know if getting a second card would be worth it because I want to make a decision to buy another higher version way later or just get the same one and put it in my box. Now another question is I have the card already in there, I want to overclock them but the fan will be blowing the heat on the other card would that be an issue?

Box.

AMD FX-8150
16 GB 1300 Ram
AX7770 video card

I know this is off on the wrong section of the forums too. My computer occasionally freezes when I install stuff with a buzzing sound. I checked the RAM and it's fine through memtest86 or something like that. BUT I was wondering if anyone had a way to solve this issue. I have reason to believe it's the sound driver which is realtek conflicting with something.

Otherwise thank you!

1st thing, you wont notice too much of an increase. It is always better to go with a better single card solution if budget permits.

Secondly, if you have the regular Powercolor 7770 then the fan blows the heat out of the back of the case. No fan blows outward, always towards the heatsink. If you want to overclock I advise getting your other issue straight first or an instability can be confusing later on.

To the last thing, the memory could be fine, but since I'm guessing you have 4 sticks the IMC probably needs some extra voltage and is crashing under load. If you are installing stuff an audio codec wont be interfering with it.

So what would be interfering with it? And are you saying I should get better RAM? Or overclock the RAM?

Already answered your question, your IMC probably needs more voltage. Take 2 sticks of RAM out and see if the same thing still happens. If it does, you need to add voltage to the memory controller.

Back
Top Bottom