HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zacultra

Beta member
Intel Core i5-2500K, Asus GeForce GTX 660, NZXT Phantom 410 (Black/White) - System Build - PCPartPicker

this is the build im making... is everything ok with it (will it all work together?).. and is there anyway to lower the price with out reducing ram, case, and keyboard, with out it making the pc not run program (games, video, graphics, all of that stuff) as fast and not as laggy... my goal is to have no lag at all...

thanks alot.. sorry for being noobish.. first time building my own pc :) wish me luck...

Why get an aftermatket cooler? No need to overclock right out of the gate.

32GB of RAM? One set of 16 should be more than enough to start with.

Change up your hard drives. Get a WD Black for storage and a Samsung SSD.

$58 for a "regular" keyboard is pretty steep.

And you are only getting a 21" Acer monitor for this? Sort of like pimping out the car and then sticking with stock plastic hub caps...

And yes, all of it will work together.

Drop the RAM to 8GB, do as Trotter said and grab a WD/Seagate HDD and change the SSD to a Samsung 830, then get an eVGA 660ti instead.

Swap out the motherboard for a ASRock Z77 Extreme 3, and the CPU to a 3570k, then drop the crap Intel CoolIT rebranded cooler. You don't need it.

You also don't need 750w of power for a PC that wont even cap 500w. Get the Corsair 650TX.

thanks guys i'll think about it.. i think ill go with 16 gigs of ram.. so the question is whether i get 4 4 gig Ram sticks or 2 8 gig Ram sticks and upgrade later?

thanks guys i'll think about it.. i think ill go with 16 gigs of ram.. so the question is whether i get 4 4 gig Ram sticks or 2 8 gig Ram sticks and upgrade later?
If this is a gaming build, or a build do anything other than heavy VM work or rendering then 8GB is more than enough as no game utilizes more than 3GB of RAM and most wont even go past 2GB usage. If you insist on getting 16 then you want 2 8GB sticks.

and what monitor do u suggest that is buget friendly but has good quality?
Depends on the budget. Try to stick to Samsung, Dell, or Asus generally speaking.

Back
Top Bottom