HP or Asus- Please help me decide before midnight!!!!!

syoon09

Beta member
Hi all,

I am new to this forum, and I do not know anything about computers, whatsoever.

Now that today/tmrw is cybermonday, I want to pick up a laptop. I have come down to two choices:

HP ENVY TouchScreen Ultrabook 14" Laptop 4GB Memory 500GB Hard Drive 4-1105dx - Best Buy

Asus 11.6" TouchScreen Laptop 4GB Memory 500GB Hard Drive Q200E-BHI3T45 - Best Buy

Which is better? Im planning on bringing it to school so I can do some work there. I dont play any games but I listen to music alot and watch videos alot.

Please help!!! If I end up buying the HP, I want to buy it before the deal runs out!!!

Also, if you have other suggestions, please let me know. My budget is $600.

THanks!

I'm also leaning towards HP but only b/c its $800 when not on sale. However, according to several sources, HP is less reliable than Asus. Plus, the Asus is about 2 pounds lighter.

More input please :)

Thanks in advance

I've had some bad experiences with Asus. The HP has a higher clock speed and better integrated graphics, plus I believe it has Beats audio.

Also, the HP is an ultrabook. Is that mean it has limited functions cmpared to a conventional laptop, or will I be able to do everything on the ultrabook as I would on a laptop

Although the HP is probably the best, ASUS is way more reliable then HP and does not come with a stupid bios that fills up 1/4 of your hard drive with stuff you will never use.

Sorry that I'm late to the show here, but I just can't let this go. First off, to the OP, Asus makes some great laptops and they're generally more reliable than their HP counterparts. Generally. That being said, since I'm assuming you'll be using Windows 8 now or at some point, you might as well go with the Asus.

Edit: The HP is touchscreen as well. Just noticed that. Still, the specs are nearly identical, so I'd have to recommend the Asus.

Although the HP is probably the best, ASUS is way more reliable then HP and does not come with a stupid bios that fills up 1/4 of your hard drive with stuff you will never use.

The BIOS is NOT on your hard drive.

the BIOS isn't very oversized, and you can flash a custom BIOS as well

I don't know where you're going to find a custom BIOS for a low end lappy, but be my guest...

Sorry that I'm late to the show here, but I just can't let this go. First off, to the OP, Asus makes some great laptops and they're generally more reliable than their HP counterparts. Generally. That being said, since I'm assuming you'll be using Windows 8 now or at some point, you might as well go with the Asus.

Edit: The HP is touchscreen as well. Just noticed that. Still, the specs are nearly identical, so I'd have to recommend the Asus.

The BIOS is NOT on your hard drive.

I don't know where you're going to find a custom BIOS for a low end lappy, but be my guest...

You can request one to be made for you on many forums :p

Back
Top Bottom