Compaq 510 RAM Upgrade

adouza

Solid State Member
I have quick question, I came across 4 GB laptop RAM for discount price online. Can I upgrade my brothers existing laptop? Its a Compaq 510, Currently it has 1GB RAM. We really do not want to re install operating system (win 7)

Thanks in advance

According to HP's website, the laptop accepts a maximum memory of 4GB, so yes you could upgrade it. However, you must make sure that the memory you're planning to buy is compatible with that particular laptop otherwise you can fry your motherboard. I recommend going to www.crucial.com and running the system scanner to compare the recommended compatible memory against the memory you found if you're not sure it's compatible.

According to HP's website, the laptop accepts a maximum memory of 4GB, so yes you could upgrade it. However, you must make sure that the memory you're planning to buy is compatible with that particular laptop otherwise you can fry your motherboard. I recommend going to www.crucial.com and running the system scanner to compare the recommended compatible memory against the memory you found if you're not sure it's compatible.

Thank you so much. I will run the scan as you suggested.

Your System Specs for the HP 308A (510/nc6220) model.

Memory:

DDR2 PC2-6400, DDR2 PC2-5300 Memory Type: DDR2 PC2-6400, DDR2 PC2-5300, DDR2 (non-ECC)
Maximum Memory: 2GB
Currently Installed Memory: 2GB
Total Memory Slots: 2
Available Memory Slots: 0

Its suggesting me to use:
4GB
DDR2 PC2-6400 • CL=6 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR2-800 • 1.8V • 512Meg x 64 • • Part #: CT2401555

Back
Top Bottom