TV or Monitor?? Hard buying decision!

Putrescent

Solid State Member
Ok I am stuck between choosing either a TV as my monitor or a pc monitor. I watch 720/1080p movies and play pc games. What do you guys think would be the best option? If you find any others that you recommend feel free to add them. Here are my choices.

MONITORS:

Newegg.com - ASUS VS278Q-P Black 27" 1ms (GTG) HDMI Widescreen LED Monitor 300 cd/m2 80,000,000:1 Built-in Speakers

Amazon.com: Samsung B550 S27B550V 27-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor: Electronics

TV:

Samsung 32" Class LED 1080p 60Hz HDTV UN32EH5000FXZA - Best Buy

Well, how close are you going to be to the screen? A large screen isn't the best if you're going to be really close to the screen, as in on your desk. Plus side of a TV is the multiple inputs.

Well right now i sit 2-3 ft away. Im worried about response time and input lag from the tv.

Well right now i sit 2-3 ft away. Im worried about response time and input lag from the tv.
These wont really be an issue, but fuzzy picture will be sitting as close to a TV as a regular computer monitor. 27" is still rather large, just go ahead and get that and if you want something bigger to watch movies on get a larger TV later on down the road.

Ok thank you all for your replies much appreciated. I will be buying the monitor. Now is there any big difference between the two monitors? Which one is better?

Samsung is 2ms, Asus is 1. Not much difference there. Asus has Display Port where Samsung has 2 HDMI. If it was me I would get the Samsung because I own 2.

Yeah TV as a monitor is a bad idea as the resolution just sucks, and perhaps more importantly the dot pitch is horrible. Unless you will only use the computer as a games (with controller) and media machine, otherwise monitor is the only sensible choice - also would be a bit of a waste of any half decent graphics card.

Back
Top Bottom