Gaming Keyboards and Mice

PP, even though I haven't "tested" all the mice, do you think I should just roll the dice and buy it?

PP, as to the mouse pad, that's what I figured. I haven't used a pad in quite a while. I've just been using a basic MK320 and wanted to be sure there wasn't something magical about gaming mice that made pads extremely important before I make the jump.

I am planning on heading to Best Buy, and actually test out some mice for myself soon, so I'll definitely give the G500 and G700 a go while I'm there. In light of the sale though, I'm kind of sharing the Mattmatt idea and just rolling on the dice on the G700.

I do have a question though, but this is more so for my understanding rather than purchase advice. I keep seeing all these different mice advertised as a MMO or FPS mouse. So I'm wondering, is it really the DPI that classifies this, or all the extra buttons? To me, it seems like the buttons would be the bigger thing here, mainly due to all the custom DPI settings.

Last edited:
A good pad can make even a mediocre mouse great. I used to use a Razer eXactMat but now have a Mionix Propus 380. The precision surface gives me optimal control and precision.

mouse got sold out...

yea, I saw that like right after my last post. So I was checking around on Best Buy's site, and if memory serves they had both the G500 and G700 for like $60. I'm seeing the G500 going for about $50 on amazon so maybe its worth it to cough up the $10 for the G700. Just a thought.

I guess I'll be on the lookout tomorrow for some mouse and mouse pad deals. Trying to stay under 70, just because it is black friday

PP, as to the mouse pad, that's what I figured. I haven't used a pad in quite a while. I've just been using a basic MK320 and wanted to be sure there wasn't something magical about gaming mice that made pads extremely important before I make the jump.

I am planning on heading to Best Buy, and actually test out some mice for myself soon, so I'll definitely give the G500 and G700 a go while I'm there. In light of the sale though, I'm kind of sharing the Mattmatt idea and just rolling on the dice on the G700.

I do have a question though, but this is more so for my understanding rather than purchase advice. I keep seeing all these different mice advertised as a MMO or FPS mouse. So I'm wondering, is it really the DPI that classifies this, or all the extra buttons? To me, it seems like the buttons would be the bigger thing here, mainly due to all the custom DPI settings.
Even though I don't need one, I still use my pad. First reason being, I paid 40 bucks for it new when it came out. The idea of a plastic solid surface sounded amazing and it is. It made my G5 come alive because back then it was the best you could get. Second reason is it still makes a slight difference that can be felt by others using my setup. It glides like butter as the most recent person said.

MMO mice have macro buttons on the side (AKA Naga) to go with macros on the keyboard. Most all modern mice have high DPI, DPI adjustment, and DPI profiles. My mouse has what is considered a lot of buttons, but it isn't MMO. Actually, I would consider my mouse more of a productivity mouse than gamer, but it goes both ways really well. I can game or work with it easily, plus it's flawless wireless.

yea, I saw that like right after my last post. So I was checking around on Best Buy's site, and if memory serves they had both the G500 and G700 for like $60. I'm seeing the G500 going for about $50 on amazon so maybe its worth it to cough up the $10 for the G700. Just a thought.
I would hammer out the extra dough for the G700. Everybody who uses my PC wants to buy one until they see the price lol.

MMO mice have macro buttons on the side (AKA Naga) to go with macros on the keyboard. Most all modern mice have high DPI, DPI adjustment, and DPI profiles.

Exactly what I was trying to say. ;)

PP, how does the G700 grip? Is it more of a palm grip or a "claw" grip ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom