Upgrading Graphics Card

Garzhod

Solid State Member
Hey everyone! I just made an account to post here, seeking advice. I hope to have a long stay here, as I would love to learn more about computers in general, and specifics I don't know.

Lets Begin. Here are my current computer's specs. I am running an ATI Radeon HD4200, which is apparently good for videos, and not gaming.

I am looking to upgrade this to improve game performance significantly. Currently, Arma 2 on minimum graphics, 800x600 window, gets around 10 fps. Most games of mine get 10-20, which is very low, considering I run on lowest settings.

The computer has "1 PCI Express x16 slot for graphics card". My budget is around $100-200. I have also noticed that some cards require a bigger power supply, so if I need an upgrade for that, a link to one of those would be appreciated.

Any other relevant advice/recommendations would be well received.

Thanks!
-Garzhod

Last edited:

Looks good to me. I was curious about the video card slot, my current one is a PCI express x16. Will the video card that has a PCI Express 3.0 x16 slot be compatible?

Edit: Also, I don't want to go much over $200. Could you recommend any slightly lower end cards, but still good price/performance ratio? Essentially I could go to $220 overall, which leaves $160 for the graphics card.

Edit: I realized I had put $300 in first post, sorry for confusion.

Last edited:
Yea, all PCI-E 16x is backwards compatible.

eVGA 650ti.

Thanks so much for the help! I think I will wait for Christmas to see if I can get one from my parents, or purchase one within the next few weeks, along with the power supply.

I really have not replaced computer parts, but I have opened a few up, and I should be fine.

Thanks so much for the help! I think I will wait for Christmas to see if I can get one from my parents, or purchase one within the next few weeks, along with the power supply.

I really have not replaced computer parts, but I have opened a few up, and I should be fine.

It's literally like plug and play legos...

Back
Top Bottom