to upgrade or just get better cpu?

bigdog33

In Runtime
Good morning people :) yesterday I opened up my case to do dust cleaning and stuff... Guess previous owner put tad too much paste on CPU n heatstink, so I tried to pull it off and man it was hard and got but, CPU slipped from my hand and it hitted the table and bent some pins :/ its single core AMD Athlon s939 yes it old lol along with Asus a8n-sli deluxe and galaxy GeForce 8400gs, 2.5gb DDR ram and 120 sata hard drive. Was wondering if I should upgrade to AMD Athlon 64x2 or something. What sites would u suggest for that. My budget is only 100 bucks.... MAYBE lil more. Worth it? Or upgrade board CPU n ram for under 100 bucks? Or 125 even if it possible then what site?.... I know my budget is really low, no job here.... Has been struggling for over 5 yrs :/ also I wouldn't be able to order them until 1st or 3rd thanks!

Thanks for the info! I'll give Intel a shot since I always own AMD, I would look around more on Intel and also I get newegg deals in email so I would ask u for more advice if I find something, again thanks! :)

Also would it help with my photo and video editing alot?

Last edited:
Considering you are jumping up quite a few generations I think you'll be blown away by the speed difference even if it isn't a Core i CPU. Not only that but what I linked is a dual core CPU, so yea, I think it'll help quite a bit ;)

Back
Top Bottom