best air cooled case

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 Antec case fans, and they work very well. They're very quiet and move quite a bit of air. I highly recommend them.

ok what about case i want a window and black with a clean front on all the norm sites like www.frozencpu.com i dont realy like any of them im looking for a case 100 or under with lots of room and 120 mm fan spots front and back

computer_wizz said:
i cant find any good all aluminum cases i kinda like cooler master wave master but im looking more for a black case with window room for lots of fans and a clean looking front

It makes no difference whether its aluminum or steel. The only thing between the two that differs is weight... which aluminum clearly wins! As for cooling, it makes no difference.

ok thanks but that does not help me that much lol i cant find any good ones i like the antech super lan boy or what ever its called but i want it in black not silver and i dont think they make it in black

That doesn't mean anything; put fire to an 1/8 inch thick piece of steel with the exact dimensions as a piece of aluminum of equivalent size (doesn't matter what size they BOTH are), then take off the flame and record the temps and see which one cools down faster. Aluminum will get cooler faster. What do most electric motors use for heatsinks? Aluminum. What are most stock heatsinks for processors made of? Aluminum. Does anyone make a steel heatsink that has half a brain? No.
Thanks,
-Mitchell

lazerman said:
That doesn't mean anything; put fire to an 1/8 inch thick piece of steel with the exact dimensions as a piece of aluminum of equivalent size (doesn't matter what size they BOTH are), then take off the flame and record the temps and see which one cools down faster. Aluminum will get cooler faster. What do most electric motors use for heatsinks? Aluminum. What are most stock heatsinks for processors made of? Aluminum. Does anyone make a steel heatsink that has half a brain? No.
Thanks,
-Mitchell

Do you have a direct contact with flame inside your chassis?

Maybe in the topic of heating a steel and aluminum to outrageously high tempuratures and watching drop, aluminum takes the cake. However, according to that test, aluminum and steel CASES appear to score about the same. At one point I believe there was a single degree of difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom