New Build ~ $1600

Thanks. I think I'll get the 680 and for some reason that case really appeals to me so I might try it.

Should I be looking at other RAM? I was expecting to pay more than $40 on it.

Would it be ridiculous to get 16GB of that Gskill ram? I'm spending over $3k on this whole setup and having a hard time not spending an extra $40 to double my e-peen.

why not then?

the thing with really long e-peens is that it doesnt even matter if you dont use it.

Can't argue with free. Before I got the 32GB kit in the mail I never even filled up 8GB. Games don't take more than 2.5GB of RAM ever so unless you run programs that can seriously cap RAM more than 8 is pointless.

So I am purchasing the CPU you guys recommended, Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

I have only purchased OEM CPUs before, and for some reason I'm under the impression that retail CPUs come with thermal paste already on them. Is this correct? I ask because MX-2 is free after rebate right now, so... would I even use it?
Newegg.com - ARCTIC MX2 Thermal Paste -4gram

I have some 5 year-old MX-2, and although I've read that it's probably still good, there's no reason to use it if I can get a new tube for free.

Back
Top Bottom