Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Building my first desktop, is there anyone that can help me?

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
PP Mguire
Build Guru

Default Re: Building my first desktop, is there anyone that can help me?

Your first link is to the old mobo/cpu combo. This is what you will need, and it doesn't stick out too far actually. No more than USB cables really.

I personally think the TV idea is bad if you will be using it for any kind of text reading. Even having a native res of 1920x1080 text can be fuzzy on websites and games on a TV.

Yes it will be quiet and cool, almost any new CPU these days are. I had a case but I forgot to link it. If you want that Rosewill case yes the board will fit.

As to the SSD, I put the drive/SSD combo on there so you would have some storage space. Most people don't like the idea of only have 60GB worth of space to deal with because after Windows is installed that is halved pretty much. An SSD improves the overall speed of your machine to almost anything you do. Browsing (cache, browser engaging), loading times, boot times, ect. If you want to have larger programs installed you will most likely want the HDD too. It's just two cables and you can hide a 2.5" SSD behind the mobo tray.
No a HDD wont negate it. All of the things that need to be quick are on the SSD. The HDD is just there for leeway. You can choose to have one or the other or both. I recommend the major benefits to having an SSD overall.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.